Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=986373)

rumorman 06-19-2021 10:56 PM

Manager Mode Only Discussion Thread

Ok. I mainly play manage mode. I get too depressed to play with the real players, so this year, I went with a fantasy draft as the Cardinals. I had the entire draft done automatically and am just going to try and win games as a manager would. I’ve got an interesting team with Alex Bergman and Giancarlo Stanton as the top rated players. Im still ps4, but the game is playing pretty realistically on default sliders and if you just let this become your baseball universe, it’s really something you can sink your teeth into. Just thought about having a thread for the manage only community to pop into, and talk about anything in this Mode that you’d like. Please no “ I don’t see how that could be fun” guys.

tessl 06-19-2021 11:15 PM

Re: Manage only thread

Good for you. I'm hooked on manage mode and have been for years.

KnightTemplar 06-20-2021 01:58 PM

I play about half of my games on MOM. There really is a lot to keep you involved, even calling for particular pitches for particular counts. It’s all there and the game play is free of fumbling thumbs.

rumorman 06-20-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessl (Post 2050403564)
Good for you. I'm hooked on manage mode and have been for years.

Tessi, wondering how you’re finding the gameplay on the ps5? Maybe one day I’ll find one!

tessl 06-22-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumorman (Post 2050404100)
Tessi, wondering how you’re finding the gameplay on the ps5? Maybe one day I’ll find one!

I think gameplay is probably the same but the ability to create your own ballpark and the graphics are the reasons to by a ps5.

Since the recent patch I'm seeing a rash of high scoring games like I've never seen before but it's only 10 games which is too small a sample size to draw a conclusion.

PikesPeakUC 06-23-2021 12:39 AM

I actually don't manage at all! I'm running a franchise where I run the show as GM but then just watch the games. It's been pretty fun so far as I don't make the in-game adjustments.

ClemsonTigers 06-23-2021 08:41 PM

Thank you for posting this thread. I don't know what it was, but it was just something about what you had written that made me realize this was the mode I really wanted to play. I have played a few games so far and enjoyed the game much more with this mode than any other mode. So thank you again.

rumorman 06-24-2021 09:50 PM

I'm finding myself, much like many real managers, I'm sure, waiting for the front office to make a move, any move, to help the team I'm managing. Currently at 8-8, which isn't too bad for the 27th rated team in baseball I guess. The pitching is bad. The defense is good. The Offense is homer happy, but each game is a battle. Enjoying it.