Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Cheese? (/forums/showthread.php?t=986640)

Lakers 24 7 06-28-2021 04:04 PM

Cheese?

Is cheese a thing in MLB The Show? I'm new to the game and sport and just want to make sure I'm not inadvertently doing anything that would be viewed as cheese.

The last person I played was constantly pausing the game after most of my pitches. But, he was only pausing for a brief second, not enough time to actually do anything in the menus. So I was wondering if that was his way of complaining about something I was doing. He eventually quit around the 5th and was only down 1-0.

Anything I should know about as someone new?

thedude 06-28-2021 05:20 PM

Re: Cheese?

If he was pitching, he was probably checking the next batter's lefty/righty ratings. Or if he was batting, checking if his batter was a pull hitter or whatever.

But some people are really strange in online head to head in this game imo. I've had people send me hate messages all game because i was throwing too many fastballs up and in the zone, or too many breaking balls. Like what am i supposed to do? Just serve you up meatballs all game?

Personally, i think this is the only sports game where you can't cheese in online head to head. If you have bad plate vision, that's not my problem. I pitch the exact same way every game. One game i'll strike out 20 while giving up only 2 hits, next game i cant get a guy out to save my life.

I've also been dominated by the opposing pitcher many times, even been no hit twice.
But i didnt feel like i got cheesed. The guy was just better than me. Cest la vie.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app

thedude 06-28-2021 05:32 PM

Re: Cheese?

Sorry i didnt read your post properly. If he was doing it after every pitch maybe that was his way of cheesing and trying to throw you off your game.

Come to think of it, i guess there is ways to cheese in this game. I've had a couple of opponents take the maximum time allowed between pitches, and then have their pitcher reset at the last second. I guess they were trying to make me quit out of boredom lol, wich is pretty pathetic.

But as far as just pitching your opponent tough, i dont think there's anything wrong with that.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app