Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Why are umps so mad? (/forums/showthread.php?t=990614)

stockdogg 07-28-2021 10:34 AM

Why are umps so mad?

I’ve never noticed this in earlier versions, but now on check swing appeals, a lot of times it appears that the ump is mouthing something to either the hitter or catcher. Has anyone else noticed this? I think it’s quite comical, sometimes they seem to say “f you…!!!”…but they are only animated on strike calls. Haha. My wife and I laugh every time she is home and sees this happen to me.
On another note, it seems like the appeal results are completely random now. I’ve had “circle/soft” swings that I barely tapped, and showed not even crossing the plate, called as a strike.

Caulfield 07-28-2021 06:01 PM

Re: Why are umps so mad?

you'd be mad too if you had to be perfect the very first day on the job, and then get better every day after that.

and now the threat of robots replacing them, ''they took our jobs!!''

then on top of that, the Show only has, what, 5 crews, to do every game, when there needs to be 15 crews

overworked and underpaid, in stubs no less

jcar0725 07-28-2021 07:15 PM

Just once in a while I'd like to see a Naked Gun called strike three...Leslie Nielson was a genius .

Sent from my thoughts

tessl 07-28-2021 10:34 PM

The umps are giving the upcoming powerball winning numbers. I hit it 5 weeks in a row by reading the lips of he umps.

stockdogg 07-29-2021 03:55 AM

Haha all great replies. Thanks for making me laugh

Caulfield 07-29-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcar0725 (Post 2050427290)
Just once in a while I'd like to see a Naked Gun called strike three...Leslie Nielson was a genius .

Sent from my thoughts

I don't disagree Nielsen was straight-up genius, but Nielsen as an umpire was art imitating Ron Luciano.
I'd love to see the Show umps replaced by legend umps from years long since past, Luciano, Harvey, Klem, Wendelstedt

IndianSummer 07-29-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2050427862)
I don't disagree Nielsen was straight-up genius, but Nielsen as an umpire was art imitating Ron Luciano.
I'd love to see the Show umps replaced by legend umps from years long since past, Luciano, Harvey, Klem, Wendelstedt

If you could just add Earl Weaver in that mix you have some quality entertainment.

kinsmen7 07-30-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianSummer (Post 2050427899)
If you could just add Earl Weaver in that mix you have some quality entertainment.

Imagining Earl as an umpire...He wouldn't be able to see over the catchers shoulder :freddy: