Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   EA Sports College Football Will Include Tech To 'Seamlessly' Integrate Player Likenes (/forums/showthread.php?t=990885)

Cam Fan 08-07-2021 12:10 PM

EA Sports College Football Will Include Tech To 'Seamlessly' Integrate Player Likenes

Interesting News
https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-ncaa...ource=facebook

scagwi 08-07-2021 04:59 PM

Re: EA Sports College Football Will Include Tech To 'Seamlessly' Integrate Player Lik

Supremely cool and very interesting.

Junior Moe 08-08-2021 06:04 AM

Re: EA Sports College Football Will Include Tech To 'Seamlessly' Integrate Player Lik

It looks like EA is putting in the work to make this a great next gen game. They could have easily reused assets from NCAA 14 and called it a day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

TripleCrown9 08-08-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Moe (Post 2050433171)
It looks like EA is putting in the work to make this a great next gen game. They could have easily reused assets from NCAA 14 and called it a day.

But they couldn't.

Quote:

The deck explains that EA wants to produce the most realistic video game possible, and many of the design assets that the company obtained for things like stadiums, gameday traditions, and uniforms, are either out of date, or will no longer properly display on current generation video game hardware.

Junior Moe 08-11-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleCrown9 (Post 2050433366)
But they couldn't.

Ah, ok. I didn't know that about the hardware. It's just good to know that EA appears to be on top of it with their return to college football. I just read about how they have a system in place for player likenesses. I really feel like this game is gonna be something special.

TripleCrown9 08-11-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Moe (Post 2050434762)
Ah, ok. I didn't know that about the hardware. It's just good to know that EA appears to be on top of it with their return to college football. I just read about how they have a system in place for player likenesses. I really feel like this game is gonna be something special.

I do too. I posted this in the other thread, but they're getting incredibly accurate photos/videos of stadiums, traditions, mascots, etc. during the upcoming season.

They're also using their relationship with uniform suppliers (Nike, UnderArmour, Adidas, and maybe others like Russell) to ship the game with up-to-date uniforms and are trying to get a very large library of throwback uniforms.

Junior Moe 08-11-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleCrown9 (Post 2050435025)
I do too. I posted this in the other thread, but they're getting incredibly accurate photos/videos of stadiums, traditions, mascots, etc. during the upcoming season.

They're also using their relationship with uniform suppliers (Nike, UnderArmour, Adidas, and maybe others like Russell) to ship the game with up-to-date uniforms and are trying to get a very large library of throwback uniforms.

I wonder what the feasibility of EA utilizing the game face feature from NCAA Football 14 to import player likenesses. The renders I saw came out pretty good from what I remember. I know EA isnt gonna try to scan the players like they do for Madden.

canes21 08-12-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Moe (Post 2050435394)
I wonder what the feasibility of EA utilizing the game face feature from NCAA Football 14 to import player likenesses. The renders I saw came out pretty good from what I remember. I know EA isnt gonna try to scan the players like they do for Madden.

It would be nice if they would incorporate a system that is able to use this as well as a brand new face generator. The preset faces that plague Madden and past NCAA games did get old and take away from the experience.

We have things like Face Gen and many similar products that can both generate some accurate looking 3D models using just pictures as well as generate new faces so that players look more unique and less repetitive.

I truly hope this time forward EA makes it more of a priority to have their own version of a Face Gen type tech so that the system can take pictures from the database, if included, and give us players that look more like the real deal than simply having 90 premade faces would. The tech would also keep it fresh moving forward if the 3,000 recruits each year weren't all limited to having only 90 faces the be given. If they were dynamically generated faces then it would be a major upgrade over what we had in NCAA's of the past.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk