Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   New scouting system (/forums/showthread.php?t=991205)

Kenzojoe 08-17-2021 06:52 PM

New scouting system

I hope this isn't the norm going forward. "We have this new feature, but it's not going to be available at launch."

I have a football itch, and liking what I'm seeing with the franchise updates this year so far. But I'm waiting to buy until the full game is realeased. Not a fan of the old scouting system. Never really was. Outside of being able to edit a draft class, the format was lame.

If a team wants to scout someone they can always pull a tape, send a scout etc etc..the limited locking behind a point system was tedious.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Operation Sports mobile app

Outkizast 08-17-2021 07:02 PM

Re: New scouting system

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzojoe (Post 2050439845)
I hope this isn't the norm going forward. "We have this new feature, but it's not going to be available at launch."

I have a football itch, and liking what I'm seeing with the franchise updates this year so far. But I'm waiting to buy until the full game is realeased. Not a fan of the old scouting system. Never really was. Outside of being able to edit a draft class, the format was lame.

If a team wants to scout someone they can always pull a tape, send a scout etc etc..the limited locking behind a point system was tedious.

I would rather the scouting comes out in an update in September than waiting until Madden 23 for it. Props to EA for giving it to us early. :appl:

Kenzojoe 08-17-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outkizast (Post 2050439852)
I would rather the scouting comes out in an update in September than waiting until Madden 23 for it. Props to EA for giving it to us early. :appl:

I rather have it be at launch this week. Lol

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 08-17-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzojoe (Post 2050439845)

It will be the norm going forward. Franchise is now a “live service” mode.

mtmetcalfe 08-17-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outkizast (Post 2050439852)

What if that is not option? If you have the choice of getting a major addition post launch in a patch or waiting until the next year’s release: what would your choice be?

Broncos86 08-17-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzojoe (Post 2050439867)
I rather have it be at launch this week. Lol

I would rather it be done correctly than released at launch and be buggy. If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. We ALL would rather have it, at launch, bug free and amazing. So would the development team.

The initial decision was "let's get this into the next Madden" before they said "actually, let's get this in this year's Madden, but a month late." So take that as you will. Maintaining perspective is important I feel.