Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   COD VANGUARD (/forums/showthread.php?t=991327)

49UNCFan 08-20-2021 11:07 AM

COD VANGUARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ1CwPhE8KQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gwne2wA4t4

JazzMan 08-20-2021 04:49 PM

Re: COD VANGUARD

I was going to try my best to ignore this game since Cold War was a massive disappointment. But I'm a sucker for WW2 **** and Vanguard will be on the Modern Warfare engine so count me in

A WW2 Warzone could be fun too but I'd imagine it'd have to be its own entity, you can get away with using modern guns in a Cold War setting but I swear to god if I get killed by an M4A1 in 1944 I will be livid

Gotmadskillzson 08-20-2021 09:38 PM

I am so tired of the WW2 setting.

JazzMan 08-20-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2050442509)
I am so tired of the WW2 setting.

If you said this in 2008 I'd get it. But right now I'm tired of modern/pseudo modern settings

In the last 10 years, there have been 1 COD WW2 game (it wasn't good), 1 Medal of Honor WW2 game (VR game so yeah lol), 1 Battlefield WW2 game (also wasn't good, though I enjoyed it after they added the Pacific front). Any other WW2 games in that timespan have either been niche games like Sniper Elite, or start-up games that aren't the tradition FPS game, such as Enlisted or Hell Let Loose.

I couldn't even tell you how many modern or pseudo modern first person shooters we've had the last 10 years. Too many

All that being said, I'd love a fully fleshed out Vietnam or even Korean War setting. I understand why they don't do the Korean War... but Vietnam has so much more potential

Stormyhog 09-08-2021 11:40 AM

Here's the multiplayer reveal. Please if you're going to make WWII, make WWII not a take on it. <iframe width="740" height="440" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lyd44qL8QVQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stormyhog 10-11-2021 05:35 PM

Story trailer. <iframe width="740" height="440" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H8VqC_y4u8U" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gotmadskillzson 10-11-2021 07:31 PM

This story trailer remind of the COD storyline from 2 or 3 CODs ago. Where you played as the founder of the SAS in Africa, then played as a lady in Norway and another person somewhere else. But they were all the founders of their country's special forces. This appear to be the same kind of storyline.

allBthere 10-12-2021 11:51 AM

played the beta, didn't think much of it tbh

I would still rather play COD4 - they need to address why it's not as fun or intense imo.

COMMISSIONERHBK9 10-31-2021 10:02 AM

So I didn’t know cod comes out this fri. I buy cod every year but this one i havent looked at any new info on this. I want to go in surprise.

itsmb8 11-05-2021 07:56 PM

There's only NINE campaign missions? Pass.

49UNCFan 11-06-2021 09:27 AM

Loving this Vanguard. The Graphics are crazy also

COMMISSIONERHBK9 11-06-2021 01:23 PM

I’m having a lot of fun with the multiplayer. I dont do campaign. I don’t know if i like team death match or the quick match where you pick the different options.

Flightwhite24 11-07-2021 10:46 AM

2 days later and I’m really enjoying this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pappy Knuckles 11-07-2021 12:27 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised how much I enjoy the multiplayer. Cold War had weird movement, but this feels much better. The maps have been an interesting mix as well. I bought this without playing the beta or doing any research. Solid game.

I've only played a couple of campaign missions so far, but I'm enjoying that aspect as well. I usually don't like WWII shooters, but this one doesn't feel dusty like most of them do.

Gotmadskillzson 11-08-2021 10:05 AM

The campaign was very good. Length of time wise, I would say it was about the average COD campaign length of around around 12 hours. COD was never known for long campaigns. The length don't matter to me personally as long as it was good and this was good. To me it was their best WW2 campaign storyline. Game had a few mini freezes and 1 crash for me on the PS5.

Graphically it is up there with the last 2 COD games, which isn't a bad thing because I don't know how much they have left to make it look better. Solid 9 out of 10 for me.

Pappy Knuckles 11-08-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2050503509)
The campaign was very good. Length of time wise, I would say it was about the average COD campaign length of around around 12 hours. COD was never known for long campaigns. The length don't matter to me personally as long as it was good and this was good. To me it was their best WW2 campaign storyline. Game had a few mini freezes and 1 crash for me on the PS5.

Graphically it is up there with the last 2 COD games, which isn't a bad thing because I don't know how much they have left to make it look better. Solid 9 out of 10 for me.

One thing I enjoy about COD games is that it doesn't take weeks to get through a campaign. I enjoy just being able to move along with the story.

The more I play this game, the more I love it. The campaign has been great so far, and the cutscenes are very well done. I enjoyed Cold War, but that game feels like a misstep now that I'm playing this.

Gotmadskillzson 11-08-2021 05:10 PM

Cold War campaign was a tad bit open ended, it wasn't strictly linear since it allowed you to choose what you wanted to do next. The psychological warfare nature of Cold War campaign made the pacing of the game slower then normal. The thing about Vanguard is, they do a much better job with the background story of the characters explaining why the way they are.

dubplate 11-09-2021 09:44 PM

I had a bit of fun in my limited play time on Sunday. Today…not so much.

Not very fun pumping full clips into people only to be killed by getting shot in the knee twice.

COD games love to reward mediocrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

dubplate 11-09-2021 10:38 PM

After suffering through some more multiplayer I can confidently say I have never been more excited for Battlefield to be released.

This game is clown shoes.

Gotmadskillzson 11-10-2021 02:34 AM

If they fix the terrible highly inconsistent hit markers, bad spawn system and give us more medium sized maps, the game would be better. As it stands now, most of the maps are small to the point that using a sniper rifle or marksman rifle is basically an automatic death sentence. You can run laps around the map way too quick, that is how small most of the maps are. Most players seem to use LMGs because of it. Add to that you can shoot throw walls and doors in this game, people just spraying with LMGs getting stray kills. But on the other hand, you can have a non LMG weapon, be point blank range on a person and have to empty an entire clip just for them to die, even on hardcore mode.

I do like the team voting at the end of the match. I like you can select ammo type too. The doors on the maps are annoying though.

jwilphl 11-10-2021 12:45 PM

I, too, have some mixed feelings on this one. I honestly didn't even plan to buy it, but it's pretty much the only game my friends play and that helps when the game isn't as engaging or enjoyable. That said, from the outset I'd say the game is an improvement over Cold War (almost by default because it uses the newer MW engine).

There are obvious issues right now outside the bugs and crashes, which I've experienced quite a few on the PS4. Unfortunately, the game has frozen my system completely a couple times now. I also got the "Dev Error" once. A bunch of connectivity problems Friday night that hopefully will resolve.

Playing on "Blitz" pacing is more difficult, and I noticed I did considerably better dropping the pacing down to "Assault" (I haven't tried tactical yet). I'm a slightly above-average player overall, nothing tremendous, but due to the inherent funkiness of Blitz with crowded maps, I carried quite the negative E/D ratio in those matches and struggled to ever get going.

If anyone else is having a similar problem, I do recommend you drop the pacing down to the lower two levels. Blitz is pure chaos, which is stimulating, but any kind of strategy is out the window. It might still be the best for leveling up guns and such, though. That's one reason you may play that style over statistical concerns.

The "Bloom" on guns will take an adjustment period, and with all my guns being low-level, the best attachments are still out of range and should theoretically improve the bloom eventually. I do find myself dying quite quickly at times with somewhat random hit-markers and damage, even worse than Modern Warfare, and I don't know if that's because of connection or because I'm playing on older hardware (PS4).

For me, this game is merely a holdover until MW2 comes out next year, which is the release I'm more looking forward too. I was over the WW2 setting, altogether. I'll probably end up playing more Battlefield this year - but only if I can get a PS5 sometime soon.

dubplate 11-10-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2050504426)
If they fix the terrible highly inconsistent hit markers, bad spawn system and give us more medium sized maps, the game would be better. As it stands now, most of the maps are small to the point that using a sniper rifle or marksman rifle is basically an automatic death sentence. You can run laps around the map way too quick, that is how small most of the maps are. Most players seem to use LMGs because of it. Add to that you can shoot throw walls and doors in this game, people just spraying with LMGs getting stray kills. But on the other hand, you can have a non LMG weapon, be point blank range on a person and have to empty an entire clip just for them to die, even on hardcore mode.

I do like the team voting at the end of the match. I like you can select ammo type too. The doors on the maps are annoying though.

I agree with everything you said. The game has potential, but it needs some major changes.

Bard 11-11-2021 09:13 AM

Honestly, as an old time CoD player, this game is a lot of fun...but in very small bursts.

It is fun to run around and pop off with a shot gun, but after 10 games that gets ridiculously tiring. Then once you switch guns your K/D will become a .5 in a hurry, lol.

It's been fun, but honestly one of the worst Call of Duty games I have ever played (except for those futuristic crappy ones). 5/10 score from me.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

ZB9 11-12-2021 11:58 AM

How is the campaign?

Gotmadskillzson 11-12-2021 06:31 PM

The campaign is good.

Bard 11-13-2021 01:51 PM

Not sure what happened, but something just clicked in this game. It is fluid, it is fast, and it is just great fun.

Once you get out of the sweaty lobbies, you are golden. Now, I consider myself a sweaty player, but you can only deal with other sweats for just so long, lol.

Been cruising with objectives and K/D today. Averaging around 30 kills a match if not more, objective play has been great, and had some little kid yelling at me and saying he was going to do some fun stuff to my mom. Love Call of Duty.

I would definitely begin to raise my score for the game. Getting up into a 7.5/10 now for multiplayer, and campaign being a solid 8/10. Zombies... 3/10, it's just not great anymore.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

COMMISSIONERHBK9 11-14-2021 01:22 PM

I’m enjoying this a lot. It seems the ww2 scenery is cod at its best. This remind me of ww2 and world at war,2of my favorite cod. I was having troubles with the hit markers but once I watch about making sure your attachment have accuracy and make sure it not negative, my hit markers are back to normal.

NoleFan 11-15-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2050505795)
The campaign is good.

So I typically only play the campaign. Is it worth the price of admission if that's all I'm going to do with the game?

KmK 11-15-2021 08:18 PM

It’s very short.

I enjoyed it but I’d feel ripped off if that’s all I bought it for.

Not a $75 campaign at all.

Gotmadskillzson 11-16-2021 01:36 AM

Quote:

Call of Duty: Vanguard's launch sales in the UK are down about 40% compared to last year's title, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Physical sales are down about 26% while digital sales are down 44%, although this information isn't too surprising.

This data comes from GSD as reported by Gamesindustry.biz, which places Call of Duty: Vanguard as the second biggest game launch of 2021 in the UK, right behind FIFA 22. Call of Duty: Vanguard is still expected to be the best-selling game of 2021 in the US. Despite a pretty steep decline in launch sales from last year, it seems unlikely that Call of Duty is losing its luster. World War II-based entries have historically sold less than Call of Duty games set in the modern/near-modern eras and Call of Duty: Vanguard has had a middling critical reception. Treyarch developed games, like Black Ops Cold War, have historically been the best-selling titles in the series.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ca.../1100-6498036/

They said it is the lowest launch in 14 years, damn. Campaign was good to me, even though it is heavily scripted, it was good. Not on the same level as Modern Warfare or Cold War, but it was good.

KmK 12-09-2021 11:43 AM

Caldera is awesome.

Review 04-27-2022 06:28 PM

Free Cod Points. PlayStation and Xbox. Check the link below and read the instructions. Season 3 Battle looking good so far. Godzilla and Kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMXxyv13Qc