Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   COD VANGUARD (/forums/showthread.php?t=991327)

Gotmadskillzson 11-08-2021 05:10 PM

Re: COD VANGUARD

Cold War campaign was a tad bit open ended, it wasn't strictly linear since it allowed you to choose what you wanted to do next. The psychological warfare nature of Cold War campaign made the pacing of the game slower then normal. The thing about Vanguard is, they do a much better job with the background story of the characters explaining why the way they are.

dubplate 11-09-2021 09:44 PM

I had a bit of fun in my limited play time on Sunday. Today…not so much.

Not very fun pumping full clips into people only to be killed by getting shot in the knee twice.

COD games love to reward mediocrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

dubplate 11-09-2021 10:38 PM

After suffering through some more multiplayer I can confidently say I have never been more excited for Battlefield to be released.

This game is clown shoes.

Gotmadskillzson 11-10-2021 02:34 AM

If they fix the terrible highly inconsistent hit markers, bad spawn system and give us more medium sized maps, the game would be better. As it stands now, most of the maps are small to the point that using a sniper rifle or marksman rifle is basically an automatic death sentence. You can run laps around the map way too quick, that is how small most of the maps are. Most players seem to use LMGs because of it. Add to that you can shoot throw walls and doors in this game, people just spraying with LMGs getting stray kills. But on the other hand, you can have a non LMG weapon, be point blank range on a person and have to empty an entire clip just for them to die, even on hardcore mode.

I do like the team voting at the end of the match. I like you can select ammo type too. The doors on the maps are annoying though.

jwilphl 11-10-2021 12:45 PM

I, too, have some mixed feelings on this one. I honestly didn't even plan to buy it, but it's pretty much the only game my friends play and that helps when the game isn't as engaging or enjoyable. That said, from the outset I'd say the game is an improvement over Cold War (almost by default because it uses the newer MW engine).

There are obvious issues right now outside the bugs and crashes, which I've experienced quite a few on the PS4. Unfortunately, the game has frozen my system completely a couple times now. I also got the "Dev Error" once. A bunch of connectivity problems Friday night that hopefully will resolve.

Playing on "Blitz" pacing is more difficult, and I noticed I did considerably better dropping the pacing down to "Assault" (I haven't tried tactical yet). I'm a slightly above-average player overall, nothing tremendous, but due to the inherent funkiness of Blitz with crowded maps, I carried quite the negative E/D ratio in those matches and struggled to ever get going.

If anyone else is having a similar problem, I do recommend you drop the pacing down to the lower two levels. Blitz is pure chaos, which is stimulating, but any kind of strategy is out the window. It might still be the best for leveling up guns and such, though. That's one reason you may play that style over statistical concerns.

The "Bloom" on guns will take an adjustment period, and with all my guns being low-level, the best attachments are still out of range and should theoretically improve the bloom eventually. I do find myself dying quite quickly at times with somewhat random hit-markers and damage, even worse than Modern Warfare, and I don't know if that's because of connection or because I'm playing on older hardware (PS4).

For me, this game is merely a holdover until MW2 comes out next year, which is the release I'm more looking forward too. I was over the WW2 setting, altogether. I'll probably end up playing more Battlefield this year - but only if I can get a PS5 sometime soon.

dubplate 11-10-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2050504426)
If they fix the terrible highly inconsistent hit markers, bad spawn system and give us more medium sized maps, the game would be better. As it stands now, most of the maps are small to the point that using a sniper rifle or marksman rifle is basically an automatic death sentence. You can run laps around the map way too quick, that is how small most of the maps are. Most players seem to use LMGs because of it. Add to that you can shoot throw walls and doors in this game, people just spraying with LMGs getting stray kills. But on the other hand, you can have a non LMG weapon, be point blank range on a person and have to empty an entire clip just for them to die, even on hardcore mode.

I do like the team voting at the end of the match. I like you can select ammo type too. The doors on the maps are annoying though.

I agree with everything you said. The game has potential, but it needs some major changes.

Bard 11-11-2021 09:13 AM

Honestly, as an old time CoD player, this game is a lot of fun...but in very small bursts.

It is fun to run around and pop off with a shot gun, but after 10 games that gets ridiculously tiring. Then once you switch guns your K/D will become a .5 in a hurry, lol.

It's been fun, but honestly one of the worst Call of Duty games I have ever played (except for those futuristic crappy ones). 5/10 score from me.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

ZB9 11-12-2021 11:58 AM

How is the campaign?