Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Interception Fest (/forums/showthread.php?t=991539)

bigjdotcom01 08-25-2021 12:15 AM

Interception Fest

I haven't played Madden in a few years and now I remember why.

iLLWiLL 08-25-2021 04:22 AM

Re: Interception Fest

I'm throwing as many as 3 picks in a half, on All-Pro, the same difficulty I play every year...Outrageous. In one example, I had my qb (Hurts) playing extremely efficiently, like 19 of 21 at one point. Then once you throw one pick, the momentum makes everything snowball on you, and the next thing you know, you're down three scores ...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Instant C1a55ic 08-25-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLLWiLL (Post 2050445911)
I'm throwing as many as 3 picks in a half, on All-Pro, the same difficulty I play every year...Outrageous. In one example, I had my qb (Hurts) playing extremely efficiently, like 19 of 21 at one point. Then once you throw one pick, the momentum makes everything snowball on you, and the next thing you know, you're down three scores ...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Have you made slider adjustments?

I have the CPU slider for int's at 10, and I have thrown about 2 over 5 games.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app

PurdueBrad 08-25-2021 07:30 AM

Thanks Instant Classic, I was coming on here to post the same thing as the OP. I finally scrapped my initial franchise because I was so frustrated with my interceptions. I'm loving All-Pro, everything feels appropriately difficult except INTs. I finally played two games last night with Aaron Rodgers thinking this has to get better and I threw 6 and I'm just doing Play the Moments. I will definitely try that slider setting. Outside of that and penalties, I feel like I'm in a good place with everything else.

Instant C1a55ic 08-25-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2050445943)
Thanks Instant Classic, I was coming on here to post the same thing as the OP. I finally scrapped my initial franchise because I was so frustrated with my interceptions. I'm loving All-Pro, everything feels appropriately difficult except INTs. I finally played two games last night with Aaron Rodgers thinking this has to get better and I threw 6 and I'm just doing Play the Moments. I will definitely try that slider setting. Outside of that and penalties, I feel like I'm in a good place with everything else.

Absolutely.

I have been there, trust me. Threw a fit many years ago as I was throwing 4+ a game.

Just watch your reads, and try not to throwing into much coverage. With all the "sucking" animations literally floating defenders to the ball, he may look open, but sometimes isn't. Also, make sure to use lob passes more, and high angle passes to get them over defenders. In the red zone, I use the low throw modifier to get my guy to go to the ground to get it. Doesn't always work, but seems to limit my ints.

NYJin2011tm 08-25-2021 07:52 AM

Defensive players seem more aggressive going for the ball than offensive players. Especially on curls, the defensive player will jump the route while receiver just stands there. But yea lowering INT slider has always been a must in Madden, for both sides.

Instant C1a55ic 08-25-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm (Post 2050445950)
Defensive players seem more aggressive going for the ball than offensive players. Especially on curls, the defensive player will jump the route while receiver just stands there. But yea lowering INT slider has always been a must in Madden, for both sides.

Low throw modifier fixes this. Trade off is that RAC is null, unless the defender goes into a swat animation, and biffs it past the reciever.

Armor and Sword 08-25-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic (Post 2050445955)
Low throw modifier fixes this. Trade off is that RAC is null, unless the defender goes into a swat animation, and biffs it past the reciever.

Agree. I use the low throw modifier a lot. Especially on curls and closely covered slants.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports