Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 22 Trailer Breakdown: Everything We Know About the New Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=991562)

ChaseB 08-25-2021 03:26 PM

NHL 22 Trailer Breakdown: Everything We Know About the New Game

With news that we'll be getting our first NHL 22 gameplay trailer tomorrow, Matt also checked...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lPxEYkeg94g" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Triton20 08-25-2021 04:28 PM

Re: NHL 22 Trailer Breakdown: Everything We Know About the New Game

If the [AI] doesn't get fixed, you can put as much lip stick on this game as you want...

handheldpictures 08-25-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton20 (Post 2050446321)
If the [AI] doesn't get fixed, you can put as much lip stick on this game as you want...

Best quote I've seen yet! Frostbite is a graphics engine upgrade and nothing more. The actual ai engine hasn't been touched for over 10 years and EA has absolutely no interest in trying to improve it. Why should they? They're the only company that makes an NHL hockey game, and if they can put all their resources into HUT and now Frostbite, 4 years after thinking about implementing it, why try to improve the worst ai programming in sports history when they're still making money off of this garbage game?
EA is the Ed Wood (look him up on Google) of gaming. It's just so bad that you can't believe it, and yet continue to play it because you just don't want to believe that it can be this bad.

After 2 months of not playing, I just tried 1 dropin EASHL game as a LW, and with 5 minutes left to go 4 people started fighting. On the proceeding faceoff, I wasn't in the game anymore, but was replaced with ai??? I'm just blown away that EA takes your money, but easily takes you out of the game and prevents you from playing even though you didn't do anything wrong. This game has honestly become a total infuriating disaster, yet we'll continue to play it simply because it's the only choice, and EA knows that. It's disgusting, but that's what happens when we allow a company to control and dictate.

VeNOM3099 08-27-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handheldpictures (Post 2050446467)
Best quote I've seen yet! Frostbite is a graphics engine upgrade and nothing more. The actual ai engine hasn't been touched for over 10 years and EA has absolutely no interest in trying to improve it. Why should they? They're the only company that makes an NHL hockey game, and if they can put all their resources into HUT and now Frostbite, 4 years after thinking about implementing it, why try to improve the worst ai programming in sports history when they're still making money off of this garbage game?
EA is the Ed Wood (look him up on Google) of gaming. It's just so bad that you can't believe it, and yet continue to play it because you just don't want to believe that it can be this bad.

After 2 months of not playing, I just tried 1 dropin EASHL game as a LW, and with 5 minutes left to go 4 people started fighting. On the proceeding faceoff, I wasn't in the game anymore, but was replaced with ai??? I'm just blown away that EA takes your money, but easily takes you out of the game and prevents you from playing even though you didn't do anything wrong. This game has honestly become a total infuriating disaster, yet we'll continue to play it simply because it's the only choice, and EA knows that. It's disgusting, but that's what happens when we allow a company to control and dictate.

Actually, the Frosbite engine gives them new assets including new physics, new properties (metal behaving like metal, wood behaves like wood, ice like ice, etc), new calculations (which they can add to AI and collision detection among others). And yes, the new engine will allow them to have higher graphics fidelity. So if they really wanted to, they COULD make an amazing game with the new engine. Better then we've ever dreamed of.

But you're right about one thing: this is EA we're talking about. They're not interested in making the game better. They are just interested in what makes them more money. As long as the same people are in charge of making the same game, nothing will change much.

The EVHL 08-28-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeNOM3099 (Post 2050447995)
Actually, the Frosbite engine gives them new assets including new physics, new properties (metal behaving like metal, wood behaves like wood, ice like ice, etc), new calculations (which they can add to AI and collision detection among others). And yes, the new engine will allow them to have higher graphics fidelity. So if they really wanted to, they COULD make an amazing game with the new engine. Better then we've ever dreamed of.

But you're right about one thing: this is EA we're talking about. They're not interested in making the game better. They are just interested in what makes them more money. As long as the same people are in charge of making the same game, nothing will change much.

When the game is built with NHL 94 in mind, there will never be further advancement. That seems to be the direction of the game. Shiny NHL 94 that any of your college buddies can pickup and score mindlessly via forced one-timers.

Mitchrapp 09-06-2021 05:27 PM

Another year another pass. Dang.