Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Any major differences between Online and Offline Franchise? (/forums/showthread.php?t=991678)

kingsofthevalley 08-28-2021 09:40 AM

Any major differences between Online and Offline Franchise?

Good morning, is anyone aware if there are any major differences between online and offline franchise? I'm just moving into week 7 of offline and I've finally experienced the score bug. Game is a blast and I don't want to stop, but of course I can't continue with the bug present. Is the experience playing a solo online franchise any different? Thanks.

canes21 08-28-2021 10:00 AM

Re: Any major differences between Online and Offline Franchise?

Cloud franchises sim week to week faster, do not have the score bug, have the fixed sim stats, receive updates before offline franchise, but do not allow for 32 user control. If you ever lose connection to the servers then you cannot play your cloud franchise.

If you aren't a 32 team control person, I'd say a cloud franchise is generally the way to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kingsofthevalley 08-28-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2050448540)
Cloud franchises sim week to week faster, do not have the score bug, have the fixed sim stats, receive updates before offline franchise, but do not allow for 32 user control. If you ever lose connection to the servers then you cannot play your cloud franchise.

If you aren't a 32 team control person, I'd say a cloud franchise is generally the way to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response, I'll go ahead and start an solo online. Also, are you familiar with the "auto progress" option? Specifically, when you turn it off, is it universal i.e. , does it stop the CPU from progressing their players as well?

I always wait until end of season to use any accumulated points, is the CPU leveling up as the season progresses or no? I recall there being an option in previous Maddens for "auto progress" on/off for HUM & CPU, no I only see the option for HUM.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 08-28-2021 10:37 AM

Unless it’s changed from Madden 21, as long as you don’t care about coach progression, you can retroactively control the whole league except the draft by retiring and creating a new character to reverse something dumb the CPU did; then retiring and creating a new character and going back to your own team.

If you’re an existing coach, you should be able to continue with the same coach when finished, but I think you might lose your coach progression (can’t remember because I don’t really care about it so I don’t check).

May not work on Madden 22 though.

Connolly22 08-28-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2050448559)
Unless it’s changed from Madden 21, as long as you don’t care about coach progression, you can retroactively control the whole league except the draft by retiring and creating a new character to reverse something dumb the CPU did; then retiring and creating a new character and going back to your own team.

If you’re an existing coach, you should be able to continue with the same coach when finished, but I think you might lose your coach progression (can’t remember because I don’t really care about it so I don’t check).

May not work on Madden 22 though.

Question about this:

In my online franchise, in the offseason, can I “retire” as Green Bay’s coach, then become Washington owner, relocate Washington, and then retire and go back to Green Bay? And Lafleur is still there? Washington will continue the relocation process right?

SkruDe 08-31-2021 08:04 AM

Instead of making a new thread, I figured I'd just post my questions here on this topic.

1.) Is progressive fatigue non-functional for solo franchises on both Cloud and Offline options?

2.) Between Cloud and Offline, there are 4 different roster options when you set up a franchise. (2 choices for cloud, 2 for Offline). The descriptions sounded roughly the same to me. Would anyone be able to explain to me what the difference is and what is usually used by gamers?

3.) Besides what's already been mentioned in the posts above... any other differences I should be aware of?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

MizzouRah 08-31-2021 08:28 AM

I always choose online CFM just because they tend to get updates a bit quicker on the server side, not patches as both offline and online CFM get those at the same time, but tweaks they can push out to online CFM faster.

For rosters, I always go with the current updated week, so for my first CFM I choose Preseason Week 1. Those "live" rosters typically have updated team rosters and correct draft picks.

The only downside to online CFM is if your internet is down or the Madden servers are down, you cannot play your CFM. It hasn't been an issue for me, but for some it might be.

SkruDe 08-31-2021 09:15 AM

Do one of the roster choice options automatically update the rosters within your league without your consent? It's an auto update to match existing NFL rosters at the time?

I would NOT like to play that option. Once the week 1 roster update is live, I'd like to run with that without any outside interference.