Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Manager (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game Pass (/forums/showthread.php?t=992078)

Steve_OS 09-09-2021 10:10 AM

Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game Pass

Sports Interactive has announced Football Manager 2022, scheduled to release on November 9 for Xbox, PC,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

SVCbearcat10 09-10-2021 04:21 PM

Re: Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game P

I wonder if there will be real media outlets in the game. Not sure if I should be reading into the Athletic being featured in the trailer.

Cod 09-12-2021 04:20 PM

Re: Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 - Day One on Xbox Game P

The Athletic currently has an official podcast with the developers, producers, etc.. Also, one of The Athletic's offices are in the same technology park as Sports Interactive. So there could very likely be a partnership.

As for real media outlets, I believe there are some custom databases out there that include real media outlets, beat writers, etc.

Suntan Superman 09-14-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cod (Post 2050461631)
As for real media outlets, I believe there are some custom databases out there that include real media outlets, beat writers, etc.

There's a few really good ones in fact, As much as I love FM, I tried to play FM without mods and realized how the rumors recently of them closing the game off to mods means that I might lose my favorite game franchise. Customisation just does so much for me.

Cod 09-14-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntan Superman (Post 2050463395)
There's a few really good ones in fact, As much as I love FM, I tried to play FM without mods and realized how the rumors recently of them closing the game off to mods means that I might lose my favorite game franchise. Customisation just does so much for me.

Did those rumors ever come to fruition? Should I hold off on preordering?

Suntan Superman 09-14-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cod (Post 2050463679)
Did those rumors ever come to fruition? Should I hold off on preordering?

It would seem as though thankfully nothing will come of it, the Man Utd lawsuit got settled, and nothing seems to have changed or even come close to changing last year.

RoyceDa59 10-11-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntan Superman (Post 2050463681)
It would seem as though thankfully nothing will come of it, the Man Utd lawsuit got settled, and nothing seems to have changed or even come close to changing last year.

I was about to preorder this but than noticed it is coming to Game Pass. Do you know how mod friendly this is for the Game Pass version?

Suntan Superman 10-11-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2050483739)
I was about to preorder this but than noticed it is coming to Game Pass. Do you know how mod friendly this is for the Game Pass version?

you can change logos/kits, but names and things like "Zebre" are not moddable.