Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   F1 2021 Adds Portimao, Aston Martin Safety Car and More - Patch Notes (/forums/showthread.php?t=992336)

Bullit 09-13-2021 06:36 AM

F1 2021 Adds Portimao, Aston Martin Safety Car and More - Patch Notes

F1 2021 has added Portimao, home of the Portuguese Grand Prix, along with the Aston Martin...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

DarthRambo 09-13-2021 04:16 PM

Re: F1 2021 Adds Portimao, Aston Martin Safety Car and More

Love this game!! I hope EA doesn't screw this game up by 3 years. Disappointed Codemasters sold out to them.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

Bullit 09-13-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSalsa (Post 2050462475)
Love this game!! I hope EA doesn't screw this game up by 3 years. Disappointed Codemasters sold out to them.

Amen. The good thing, at least for me, is I am becoming very comfortable with continuing to play for sports games beyond the yearly cycle. I am down to MLB The Show and F1. I have stuck with '20 for The Show and I could be very comfortable playing '21 F1 for several years if not more.

DarthRambo 09-13-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullit (Post 2050462495)
Amen. The good thing, at least for me, is I am becoming very comfortable with continuing to play for sports games beyond the yearly cycle. I am down to MLB The Show and F1. I have stuck with '20 for The Show and I could be very comfortable playing '21 F1 for several years if not more.

Yeah same two sports games for me too, although I do have MLB 21. But these are no doubt the only two I play. Madden is so trash. They ruined it with the superhero player stuff that gives players super powers. MLB still very good as always. After reading the improvements on NBA 2K I do admit I'm tempted to buy it this year. But I haven't bought 2k since 2k18 and Madden I haven't bought since 2019. I can't see myself getting Madden until I at least get a ps5 which won't be for 2 or 3 years when stores have them in stock regularly. This year looks like a bad year for Madden again regardless.

I can see EA somehow getting a dumb card game on F1 though with legend drivers and quick 3 lap races to appease the casual gamer. Just hope they keep the sim style of racing in tact for offline.

brandon27 09-13-2021 10:40 PM

Re: F1 2021 Adds Portimao, Aston Martin Safety Car and More - Patch Notes

Important to note this patch also includes a fix for Xbox that should hopefully FINALLY resolve the freezing issues during replays/cut scenes. I've got about 4 hours in tonight with no issues so far

As for Portimao... wow! What a fantastic addition. Just an amazing track to drive, especially in cockpit view but my gosh it can be terrifying those first few laps if you try getting used to the track without the racing line on. I had to turn it on for a few laps to get the hang of it. It's a brilliant track IMO. I hope even if it is not on the calendar next year that they keep it as a bonus track. Imola too. They really have to start adding extra tracks IMO. If licensing issues prevent them from using them in season/career modes; that's fine. At least include them for online, or grand prix mode so we have more variety and increased replayability.

As well as Portimao turned out... bring on Imola (October) and Jeddah (November)!!!!

jasontoddwhitt 09-14-2021 03:10 PM

I ran a few laps on Portimao last night and it is a very fun circuit to drive. Can't wait for Imola to come. Indifferent about Jeddah lol.

And hopefully, they finally have those Xbox overheating/freezing issues fixed.

Inverarity 09-25-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon27 (Post 2050462785)
As for Portimao... wow! What a fantastic addition. Just an amazing track to drive, especially in cockpit view but my gosh it can be terrifying those first few laps if you try getting used to the track without the racing line on. I had to turn it on for a few laps to get the hang of it. It's a brilliant track IMO.

Agreed! I ran it earlier this week for the first time, in My Team Season 2, and loved it!

And congrats on finally getting a fix for some of the XBOX woes!