Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   What do ya'll do on defense on All Madden? (/forums/showthread.php?t=992495)

TexasRyan 09-16-2021 12:02 PM

What do ya'll do on defense on All Madden?

I feel like I've tried just about everything. Man defense gets beat. I've tried putting my edge rushers on hard flats, I get zero pressure when I do that and the QB just has all day for a receiver to start coming back to the QB to get open. I've tried the 3-3-5 Wide formation and adjustments that seem to work well online that YouTubers recommend. It doesn't seem to phase the CPU on All Madden, middle of the field is always open and my user doesn't stand a chance (although I've had success with it online, I'm just not much of an online Madden player.)

It seems like the most success I've had is meta blitzes the mid blitz where I user the safety on the left and show blitz get's pressure and then the Edge Sting blitz but both of these if I don't get to the QB or pressure the throw then guys are wide open and with all the broken tackles, it's often a one play touchdown (sometimes even on runs.) However as of right now that's probably my best bet is those two blitzes. It seems that the CPU QB just adjusts to them very quickly and starts picking them apart.

I don't want this thread to be about complaining about how annoying All Madden CPU is, I was just hoping for some tips and defenses that actually work. The less adjustments on each play the better bc most of the time the CPU snaps the ball while I'm putting linebackers on the outside on different zones. That's probably why I've been sticking with the blitzes that inevitably don't work very well.

Also, I get that I'm not super knowledgable on defense. But if I don't put it on All Madden I don't get competitive games.

mattm7x 09-16-2021 02:52 PM

Re: What do ya'll do on defense on All Madden?

Super sim.

Jagsfan24 09-16-2021 03:40 PM

Man coverage is difficult this year, also depends on who your players are and if you try shading inside or underneath etc..

Cover 3 zone is broken right now, do not call it because its an automatic burn

cover 2 zone works great but try not to call it all the time as the cpu will pick up on it.

Best I can suggest is look at the slider section and see if any seem to work for you. Know your strength of your defense also. If your corners play better in zone then play to that. Get a feel for the game to, if zone seems more success then call more of it

CM Hooe 09-16-2021 04:02 PM

There is a lot of discussion about how to play more effective defense in Madden in this thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-defense.html

I recommend starting there.

ripp1p 09-16-2021 04:15 PM

I use the Giants and they have a great secondary, but for franchise I was still getting killed. So I lowered some CPU rating for QB and WR. Lowered accuracy and catch just a tad and that has made the game l lot better. I’m not getting best consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matty86 09-16-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattm7x (Post 2050465269)
Super sim.

Supersim was always weird with the clock in the past when I tried it... is it not screwy anymore? I hate playing Defense :y11:

ktd1976 09-16-2021 05:34 PM

I use the Lions. Through 6 games, I am middle of the pack defensively (12th in the league.)

I normally mix up Cover 1 Cover 2 Man, and Cover 2.Tampa 2. I will watch the personnel that the CPU sends out. If they only have 2 WR, I will call either Cover 1 or Cover 2 Man. If they come out with 3 WR, I will run Cover 2/Tampa 2 out of Nickel. If there are 4 WR I will run out of Dime. If the CPU comes out in an empty set, I will run either Dime or Quarter.

On 3rd down, I will always protect the sticks.

And even though Cover 3 is kinda broke, I will occasionally mix it in, along with a couple Cover 4 plays, just to keep the CPU from figuring out the pattern.

Also, under adjustments, I make sure I have the Allignment set to MAN. That way there is always someone opposite a WR. And I have the CBs "play the receiver" doing this, it seems they knock the ball out of the WR's hands more often than when set to play the ball, or swat the ball.

The biggest key, though, is getting pressure on the QB.

lunchbox2042 09-16-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattm7x (Post 2050465269)
Super sim.

This and pray.