Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Mid Range game (/forums/showthread.php?t=992578)

DonWuan 09-18-2021 08:05 PM

Mid Range game

Anyone having any luck with the mid range consistently? More importantly with the non elite players.

I'm slightly old-school and don't want to dunk or shoot 3s non stop. Any tips for pulling up off the dribble or passing the defender.

simbayless 09-18-2021 10:40 PM

Re: Mid Range game

Try lowering the shot coverage/timing slider

The 24th Letter 09-18-2021 10:47 PM

Tapping LT on the move to square up when you're on the move is a good practice. That makes them easier to knock down. The pull ups have tricky timing.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

DomisLive 09-18-2021 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonWuan (Post 2050467155)
Anyone having any luck with the mid range consistently? More importantly with the non elite players.

I'm slightly old-school and don't want to dunk or shoot 3s non stop. Any tips for pulling up off the dribble or passing the defender.

This is absolutely what is frustrating about this game, course anyone can use Kyrie Irving or Steph Curry to throw up shots, the problem I’m having with non elite players is creating any kind of mid range game without using a screen, I can dribble and get past a defender to get to the basket but getting past them to then shoot a shot it’s almost impossible.

DonWuan 09-19-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2050467270)
Tapping LT on the move to square up when you're on the move is a good practice. That makes them easier to knock down. The pull ups have tricky timing.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks for reminding me. I never consistently used it but it helped.

alabamarob 09-19-2021 08:56 AM

It is extremely hard to score with non elite players. Unless you can get a mismatch or get them off moving off ball to creat space.

The tightness of on ball defense, makes it hard to get separation on mid range jumpers. If they called more fouls on jump shots that would help, because they could never contest as hard as they do on 2k in real life. The defenders constantly violate landing space.

Hustler79 09-19-2021 10:08 AM

When you walk in the practice facility coach says
: someone who values the mid range game lol

But that game is non existent in 2k en 2k dont value the mid range game...2k is 2 dimensional...slash or 3

No post depth no mid range game.

Baebae32 09-19-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob (Post 2050467492)
It is extremely hard to score with non elite players. Unless you can get a mismatch or get them off moving off ball to creat space.

The tightness of on ball defense, makes it hard to get separation on mid range jumpers. If they called more fouls on jump shots that would help, because they could never contest as hard as they do on 2k in real life. The defenders constantly violate landing space.

Seems a bit unfair that defenders are allowed to move like ballerinas to stay in front and also are allowed to go WWE when pressuring the ball lmao. 2K needs to refine their movement/foul system. Time to embrace the “freedom of movement” mantra of the current NBA.