Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K22 Useful Findings (/forums/showthread.php?t=992582)

tcnumba10 09-18-2021 10:12 PM

NBA 2K22 Useful Findings

I’ve been testing out roster and slider tendencies since I’ve gotten the game and I would like to share some interesting findings that will make the game more enjoyable and realistic.

Setting every single players’ Touch Tendency to 50 will yield more dynamic play by the CPU and you will see a lot more variety of plays and role players getting more involved in the game.

When I looked at the default Touch Tendency for the Boston Celtics, I saw that Tatum and Brown’s touches were at 99. I know for a fact that those two are the main go to players for the Celtics in real life, but that doesn’t mean that every play should be called for them. When I played the CPU Boston Celtics, Tatum was jacking up shot after shot after shot. Putting up 29 attempts by the end of the game. None of the other players were involved in the plays/game and tbh it really got boring seeing the CPU call plays for Tatum all the time. Now that I have all the player’s Touch Tendency at 50, I saw the CPU involved Horford, Smart, Schroder and others more even though Tatum was still the main go to scorer.

Feel free to add on your discoveries in this thread so that we can share our tips and perhaps ground breaking findings to make 2K22 more realistic and fun for SIM heads.

Smirkin Dirk 09-18-2021 10:26 PM

Re: NBA 2K22 Useful Findings

On that same note, the drive tendencies for plenty of pretty good players are at 99. Explains why they charge the rim. drop them.

tcnumba10 09-18-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk (Post 2050467250)
On that same note, the stars have drive tendencies for plenty of pretty good players are at 99. Explains why they charge the rim. drop them.

Yup, don’t know why they’re all at 99. I raised the Pull-up Midrange tendencies so that the CPU does not only attack the basket all the time. It helps with the amount of ridiculously high amount of PIP the CPU gets.

VictorMG 09-18-2021 11:04 PM

Having the right players with Play Initiator is really important for playing against the AI IMO. Off the top of my head, I think Giannis has it, and believe it or not, I think he doesn't deserve it.

I know he has the ballhandling and the passing to be a decent initiator, but since his first play type (rightfully IMO) is Isolation, this basically turns him into Harden, as he brings it up and goes one-on-one for multiple possessions in a row. He does come up and attack his man in iso IRL, but not as often as if you have PI on him. Just make sure he has a high enough Ball Handle so he can push it when he gets a rebound.

Here's a list of players who have it, but whom I think don't deserve it:

Carmelo Anthony
Kent Bazemore
Matisse Thybulle
Georges Niang
Grayson Allen
Aaron Nesmith
Brandon Clarke
Desmond Bane
Patrick Beverley (he's the only full-time PG I'd put on this list, but even still I'm tentative)

And players who don't have it, but whom I think do deserve it:

Draymond Green
Andrew Wiggins
DeMar DeRozan
Kawhi Leonard
Gordon Hayward
Jimmy Butler
RJ Barrett
Dillon Brooks
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Joe Ingles
Jayson Tatum
Malcolm Brogdon
Devin Booker
Nicolas Batum
Terrence Ross
Nikola Jokic
Caris LeVert

And here's a list of players I think might deserve it, but I'm not sure. Anyone who knows a lot about these players and/or their roles in this context, feel free to chime in:

Zion Williamson
Jaylen Brown
Bam Adebayo
Pascal Siakam
Evan Fournier
Julius Randle
Tim Hardaway Jr.

This all is just my opinion; I could definitely be wrong. If anyone disagrees with anything, don't hesitate to let me know.

jimbo3772 09-18-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcnumba10 (Post 2050467232)
Setting every single players’ Touch Tendency to 50 will yield more dynamic play by the CPU and you will see a lot more variety of plays and role players getting more involved in the game.

When I looked at the default Touch Tendency for the Boston Celtics, I saw that Tatum and Brown’s touches were at 99. I know for a fact that those two are the main go to players for the Celtics in real life, but that doesn’t mean that every play should be called for them. When I played the CPU Boston Celtics, Tatum was jacking up shot after shot after shot. Putting up 29 attempts by the end of the game. None of the other players were involved in the plays/game and tbh it really got boring seeing the CPU call plays for Tatum all the time.

I did a bunch of testing and research on the shot and touch tendencies a few years ago. For shot distribution, the shot and touch tendencies are related to the percentage of plays called in your coach settings and also the play discipline tendencies for the players. The touch tendency doesn't dictate the amount of plays called for the players (it's for freelance offense outside of set plays). Who the plays are called for is based on the type of offense being run, the focal point in your coach settings, the player ratings, the player's play types and the playbook. If you want to spread the ball around, lower the percentage of plays called by the offense and then the shot & touch tendencies have more impact when the team is basically freelancing on offense. If you run a high percentage of plays though, the stars will generally get the plays called for them.

Be sure to check the player's play types and the playbook too. I was working on a custom roster once and couldn't get the SF to get many shots. Then I looked in the team's playbook and noticed they had no type of plays that were the kind assigned to the player...so there were no available plays to call for him, oops, lol.

Also, the touch tendency is different by position. You'll notice that a lot of PGs have lower touch tendencies (not 90+)...and that's because they bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense. High scoring SGs and SFs will have higher touch tendencies to make sure the ball gets to them when it's being passed around outside of a set play instead of it always going back to the PG. You can also impact shot distribution with the Iso and Play Discipline settings. If you want guys to take more shots, bump up their Iso tendencies and bump down their Play Discipline tendencies....and vice-versa if you want them to shoot less.

Smirkin Dirk 09-18-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorMG (Post 2050467287)

Zion Williamson
Jaylen Brown
Bam Adebayo
Pascal Siakam
Evan Fournier
Julius Randle
Tim Hardaway Jr.

This all is just my opinion; I could definitely be wrong. If anyone disagrees with anything, don't hesitate to let me know.

Great post. IMO Hardaway definitely doesn't deserve it.

tcnumba10 09-18-2021 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo3772 (Post 2050467288)
I did a bunch of testing and research on the shot and touch tendencies a few years ago. For shot distribution, the shot and touch tendencies are related to the percentage of plays called in your coach settings and also the play discipline tendencies for the players. The touch tendency doesn't dictate the amount of plays called for the players (it's for freelance offense outside of set plays). Who the plays are called for is based on the type of offense being run, the focal point in your coach settings, the player ratings, the player's play types and the playbook. If you want to spread the ball around, lower the percentage of plays called by the offense and then the shot & touch tendencies have more impact when the team is basically freelancing on offense. If you run a high percentage of plays though, the stars will generally get the plays called for them.

Be sure to check the player's play types and the playbook too. I was working on a custom roster once and couldn't get the SF to get many shots. Then I looked in the team's playbook and noticed they had no type of plays that were the kind assigned to the player...so there were no available plays to call for him, oops, lol.

Also, the touch tendency is different by position. You'll notice that a lot of PGs have lower touch tendencies (not 90+)...and that's because they bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense. High scoring SGs and SFs will have higher touch tendencies to make sure the ball gets to them when it's being passed around outside of a set play instead of it always going back to the PG. You can also impact shot distribution with the Iso and Play Discipline settings. If you want guys to take more shots, bump up their Iso tendencies and bump down their Play Discipline tendencies....and vice-versa if you want them to shoot less.

Well I’ve finished a couple of games with all players’ tendencies at 50 and it has greatly improved the gameplay, variety of plays and involvement of other players besides the main star players of the team.

tcnumba10 09-19-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorMG (Post 2050467287)
Having the right players with Play Initiator is really important for playing against the AI IMO. Off the top of my head, I think Giannis has it, and believe it or not, I think he doesn't deserve it.

I know he has the ballhandling and the passing to be a decent initiator, but since his first play type (rightfully IMO) is Isolation, this basically turns him into Harden, as he brings it up and goes one-on-one for multiple possessions in a row. He does come up and attack his man in iso IRL, but not as often as if you have PI on him. Just make sure he has a high enough Ball Handle so he can push it when he gets a rebound.

Here's a list of players who have it, but whom I think don't deserve it:

Carmelo Anthony
Kent Bazemore
Matisse Thybulle
Georges Niang
Grayson Allen
Aaron Nesmith
Brandon Clarke
Desmond Bane
Patrick Beverley (he's the only full-time PG I'd put on this list, but even still I'm tentative)

And players who don't have it, but whom I think do deserve it:

Draymond Green
Andrew Wiggins
DeMar DeRozan
Kawhi Leonard
Gordon Hayward
Jimmy Butler
RJ Barrett
Dillon Brooks
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Joe Ingles
Jayson Tatum
Malcolm Brogdon
Devin Booker
Nicolas Batum
Terrence Ross
Nikola Jokic
Caris LeVert

And here's a list of players I think might deserve it, but I'm not sure. Anyone who knows a lot about these players and/or their roles in this context, feel free to chime in:

Zion Williamson
Jaylen Brown
Bam Adebayo
Pascal Siakam
Evan Fournier
Julius Randle
Tim Hardaway Jr.

Great post, I’ve always equated the Play Initiator as the player who would bring the ball up in real life, so I would definitely have Bam as Yes as well as Siakam and Randle since I’ve seen them bring the ball up on a scored basket or dribble the ball up after a missed from the other team.