Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   What About A Throwing Meter Like 2Ks Shooting Meter? (/forums/showthread.php?t=992629)

MakaveliLPC 09-19-2021 08:31 PM

What About A Throwing Meter Like 2Ks Shooting Meter?

Of course the worse a QB is the harder it is to get green and bad timed throws are inaccurate.

Obviously with an option to turn it off.

timhere1970 09-20-2021 12:19 AM

Re: What About A Throwing Meter Like 2Ks Shooting Meter?

Would be a good addition to competitive play where stick skills should be paramount in competition gaming.

XtremeDunkz 09-20-2021 02:58 AM

Please God no

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DatsunDimer 09-20-2021 07:25 AM

If you had to have something like this, I would much rather have something like The Show RTTS fielding "showtime" mini-game mechanic over a meter.

PhillyPhanatic14 09-20-2021 07:28 AM

I like the idea of making it tougher, but it'll just end up being one more thing to master and spam like FIFA's timed shot thing that they nerfed into oblivion after one game.

Another part of this is that during the opening game of the season NBC did a graphic on TB12's throwing motion time. I'm pretty sure they said it's around .34 seconds. The Madden devs said they slowed releases down in the game to help with the flow (in one of the podcasts...maybe the first one with clint), but that's just too quick to add in a meter.

Mattanite 09-20-2021 07:33 AM

Problem is where do you put the meter? Players are looking down field at various receivers... And how to differentiate the meter on bullet/touch/lob passes.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

oneamongthefence 09-20-2021 07:59 AM

The screen is already messy enough. If there was an unobtrusive way to do it I would welcome it but if not leave it as is.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

ijumpedthegun 09-20-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneamongthefence (Post 2050468298)
The screen is already messy enough. If there was an unobtrusive way to do it I would welcome it but if not leave it as is.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Give it 5 years and you won't be able to see the field for all the different text and graphic overlays.