Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 22 Superstar X-Factor Abilities for Top 50 Players Revealed (/forums/showthread.php?t=992660)

Steve_OS 09-20-2021 05:21 PM

NHL 22 Superstar X-Factor Abilities for Top 50 Players Revealed

EA has revealed the 50 elite players in NHL 22 with Superstar X-Factor abilities. New to...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

bransen 09-20-2021 08:49 PM

The silence in the comment section is deafening. Boy has EA turned off a good chunk of their fan base with this series.

Money99 09-20-2021 09:18 PM

Re: NHL 22 Superstar X-Factor Abilities for Top 50 Players Revealed

Can a player have more than one?
If not, they should.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app

Travolterjohn 09-21-2021 01:28 AM

In NHL 21 all these things were in but hidden. So nothing new.

MizzouRah 09-21-2021 10:34 AM

I'm just waiting on actual game play to see if player separation is really there with these x-factors.

babaracus88 09-21-2021 11:03 AM

Shouldn't most of these be accomplished by increasing certain stats for the player? for example: Elias Petterson's x factor is great peripheral passing but shouldn't he already have a passing rating in the 90's? so if the roster was actually done correctly and you didn't have 4th line players with high 70's or low 80's in passing (should be in the 55-65 range) then his passing would stick out more and EA wouldn't of had to waste time on making these x-factors for players.

A bigger selling point for me would of been instead of x-factors for a few players they could of been advertising that they spent a lot of time on building accurate rosters for this years game with real separation between first and second line players and 3rd and forth line players and it might of created more of a buzz than this x-factor gimmick that you could almost recreate by editing the roster yourself.

Moose24x 09-21-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaracus88 (Post 2050469203)
Shouldn't most of these be accomplished by increasing certain stats for the player? for example: Elias Petterson's x factor is great peripheral passing but shouldn't he already have a passing rating in the 90's? so if the roster was actually done correctly and you didn't have 4th line players with high 70's or low 80's in passing (should be in the 55-65 range) then his passing would stick out more and EA wouldn't of had to waste time on making these x-factors for players.

A bigger selling point for me would of been instead of x-factors for a few players they could of been advertising that they spent a lot of time on building accurate rosters for this years game with real separation between first and second line players and 3rd and forth line players and it might of created more of a buzz than this x-factor gimmick that you could almost recreate by editing the roster yourself.

I’ve wondered the same, but also am open to seeing how it works in practice. For example, I think McDavid’s skill is like he doesn’t have any penalty to speed or agility when carrying the puck. So if he’s a 97 speed and has this skill and then you have a guy like maybe (EA won’t be this accurate) like Miles Wood who is really fast so he’s rated a 90 speed, in theory Wood’s speed drops down to like 85 with the puck? And McDavid’s stays at 97? Or I think some players get a boost to their speed when they’ve “entered their zone ability” so if McDavid is already at 97, can he be at 107 and thus faster than anyone in the game can be?

I don’t know how it’s going to work. If Panarin has 90 shot power and accuracy, but his ability is active, does he get 100 shot power and accurate? Whereas a guy who is a good shooter, like Elias Lindholm for example, has an 88 power/accurate but it never gets boosted so theoretically Panarin sometimes is 12 points above him when his ability is active? Will that serve to create separation? Who knows?

I’m very skeptical of how it will work, but I welcome the idea of at least “trying” (who knows how hard EA actually tried) to bring more player separation. I think that only having 50 players with these abilities is kind of dumb - lots of players have a defining trait. You don’t need to be a superstar to be a shutdown defender so limiting these abilities to star players seems wrong to me. Also some players need more than one. If they can only have one that’s also wrong. Crosby’s special ability is his backhand? Okay, he’s got a world class backhand but shouldn’t he also have a playmaking ability? A guy like Gaudreau may only need to have a stick handling ability to be accurate, but a guy like McDavid ought to have two or three superstar abilities, no?

Travolterjohn 09-21-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose24x (Post 2050469356)
I’ve wondered the same, but also am open to seeing how it works in practice. For example, I think McDavid’s skill is like he doesn’t have any penalty to speed or agility when carrying the puck. So if he’s a 97 speed and has this skill and then you have a guy like maybe (EA won’t be this accurate) like Miles Wood who is really fast so he’s rated a 90 speed, in theory Wood’s speed drops down to like 85 with the puck? And McDavid’s stays at 97? Or I think some players get a boost to their speed when they’ve “entered their zone ability” so if McDavid is already at 97, can he be at 107 and thus faster than anyone in the game can be?

I don’t know how it’s going to work. If Panarin has 90 shot power and accuracy, but his ability is active, does he get 100 shot power and accurate? Whereas a guy who is a good shooter, like Elias Lindholm for example, has an 88 power/accurate but it never gets boosted so theoretically Panarin sometimes is 12 points above him when his ability is active? Will that serve to create separation? Who knows?

I’m very skeptical of how it will work, but I welcome the idea of at least “trying” (who knows how hard EA actually tried) to bring more player separation. I think that only having 50 players with these abilities is kind of dumb - lots of players have a defining trait. You don’t need to be a superstar to be a shutdown defender so limiting these abilities to star players seems wrong to me. Also some players need more than one. If they can only have one that’s also wrong. Crosby’s special ability is his backhand? Okay, he’s got a world class backhand but shouldn’t he also have a playmaking ability? A guy like Gaudreau may only need to have a stick handling ability to be accurate, but a guy like McDavid ought to have two or three superstar abilities, no?

That’s what I said before in my post. We had this x factor also in NHL 21 but it was hidden. Didn’t you not recognize that Superstars had it ? Even elder aging Superstars with 80 ratings had better abilities and special Boosts as not known drafted Rookies with 85. Now they marked it only visible. That’s the Clou!