Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   2k22 myteam question (/forums/showthread.php?t=992720)

sperlz_99 09-22-2021 06:11 AM

2k22 myteam question

So I usually play offline modes like mygm or myleague but I decided to give myteam a go and I can't really understand it. When I play a game I like a challenge, I like to feel like I've earned something and that drives me on to keep playing.

But already in my team having played about 10 games and for 2 days I have a team with an average rating of around 88. I seem to get about 4 packs every time I win and winning is unbelievably easy. Why is the hardest level to play again cpu just all star? I will win by 20 points a game and its just not fun. Is there never an option to play hall of fame? I like the idea of them having a mode where you can only choose a limited team for certain games but this isn't even working or only works on a weekend? Why ???

I just don't feel any real incentive to keep playing at the moment? Why would I want to play 300 games on triple threat so I can achieve a legendary card of some sort when every game is so boringly easy. And why would I want a legendary card anyway to make it even easier than it already is.

Sure I could play online, but I've played 2 games online already and European servers are poor and the game feels very unfluent. Although I won the games, both times the opponent quit and there were around 20 blocks in the game which was hugely unrealistic.

This isn't just a rant, but I would appreciate if someone could tell me what challenge I'm actually trying to achieve with myteam and why would I want to bother working towards getting better players when it's so easy with the players I already have. I'm not even that good a player so I dread to think how bad it must be for the real top players.

ksuttonjr76 09-22-2021 07:23 AM

Re: 2k22 myteam question

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperlz_99 (Post 2050469896)
So I usually play offline modes like mygm or myleague but I decided to give myteam a go and I can't really understand it. When I play a game I like a challenge, I like to feel like I've earned something and that drives me on to keep playing.

But already in my team having played about 10 games and for 2 days I have a team with an average rating of around 88. I seem to get about 4 packs every time I win and winning is unbelievably easy. Why is the hardest level to play again cpu just all star? I will win by 20 points a game and its just not fun. Is there never an option to play hall of fame? I like the idea of them having a mode where you can only choose a limited team for certain games but this isn't even working or only works on a weekend? Why ???

I just don't feel any real incentive to keep playing at the moment? Why would I want to play 300 games on triple threat so I can achieve a legendary card of some sort when every game is so boringly easy. And why would I want a legendary card anyway to make it even easier than it already is.

Sure I could play online, but I've played 2 games online already and European servers are poor and the game feels very unfluent. Although I won the games, both times the opponent quit and there were around 20 blocks in the game which was hugely unrealistic.

This isn't just a rant, but I would appreciate if someone could tell me what challenge I'm actually trying to achieve with myteam and why would I want to bother working towards getting better players when it's so easy with the players I already have. I'm not even that good a player so I dread to think how bad it must be for the real top players.

I just starting playing this mode myself. From my observation, it's literally just a mode for players who are into the card battle culture (Pokemon, Magic,etc), but it's with NBA players. The games are easy at first, but they do get progressively harder. I'm actually losing games now which I hate, because now I'm wasting contracts.

The 24th Letter 09-22-2021 09:07 AM

I usually get into MyTeam later in the year, when a lot of the challenges are already out and existing...but there will eventually be plenty to do on higher difficulty levels.

The Spotlight Challenges are always fun.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

sperlz_99 09-22-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2050469912)
I just starting playing this mode myself. From my observation, it's literally just a mode for players who are into the card battle culture (Pokemon, Magic,etc), but it's with NBA players. The games are easy at first, but they do get progressively harder. I'm actually losing games now which I hate, because now I'm wasting contracts.

What kind of team do you have? I have an 80 rated PG evolve card, Donovan Mitchell SG and he's 85 rated evolve card. I have a SF of another evolve card but can't remember his name he 80 and I have a PF mcguiness I think his name was and he's 88 and I have a 90 rated CF both which are actual cards not free agents. plus I have about 5 free agent I can call on who I can just stick in at any time to easily turn a game in my favour if I need but really I don't need to.

I guess my issue is that I want to feel like I need players to help me to win games. Whereas its the opposite, my team is already so good that I don't really need anyone therefore the whole thing seems a bit pointless.