Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA Writer's Thoughts On The NBA 2K22's Roster (/forums/showthread.php?t=992750)

MikeBadge 09-22-2021 05:56 PM

NBA Writer's Thoughts On The NBA 2K22's Roster

https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...mmm-2k-edition

Thought some of y'all might enjoy this. Nekias has a real mind for the game.

Always think it's dope when people who cover the league in depth spend significant time with 2K and express their thoughts about it.

TGsoGood 09-22-2021 06:54 PM

Re: NBA Writer's Thoughts On The NBA 2K22's Roster

He has some good points

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Luke Skywalker 09-22-2021 08:18 PM

Rishidi baby

MoneyOvaHuds 09-22-2021 09:00 PM

Yea the roster guy is lacking big time and he hasn’t fixed the players gear in years

rjohns23 09-22-2021 09:07 PM

That was a good read.

Thats why whenever I get the game, I spend like 2 weeks trying to get the ratings, tendencies, and badges correct. Makes the game play a lot better/simulation to real life

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

leoribas3 09-22-2021 09:26 PM

This is great.

And it only brings more light to one of the biggest issues in NBA 2k.

The attention to the Roster, in regards to player attributes, badges AND tendencies, one of the most, if not THE, most important aspect of the game, since it dictates how everything else works... is straight up AWFUL.

Yes, awful. Terrible. This is not hating, this is just a fact.

Just another quick example:

The year after Trae Young was an all star already, when 2k20 launched, he had no accessories in the game. Thats 2 years of watching the dude play with a sleeve and pressure pants, and literally not doing nothing. One of the best and most noticeable players in the NBA. Talk about attention to detail.

One more:

I have watched every single Knicks game last season. Julius Randle, an NBA All-Star, 2nd team All-NBA and reigning NBA's MIP, has not used an arm sleeve in a single game last year. Not a single one. Not one game.

Guess what NBA 2k22 has him using in his arm as ALWAYS: an arm sleeve.

They dont even try, and thats the reality.

I just mentioned the accessories stuff as an example, I dont really care about that, the ratings and mostly the TENDENCIES really piss me off though.

strosdood 09-22-2021 09:51 PM

Does Stauffer still do ratings and stuff? He was always a OS staple and went to 2K and disappeared, doesn’t seem like he’s doing rosters anymore as he was awesome in his pre-dev days

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports