Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The Gameplay is Amazing but... (/forums/showthread.php?t=992814)

troy10 09-24-2021 08:08 AM

The Gameplay is Amazing but...

The in game substitutions, playcalling is a major pain. In order for me to substitute a center I need to click 6 buttons (d-pad to initiate menu, then 4 down to center, then x, then select replacement). This is simply too many buttons, when last year that same sub could have been made in three.

The gameplay is tremendous I love the weight of everything, hoping that this can be adjusted.

mvpstax 09-24-2021 09:30 AM

Re: The Gameplay is Amazing but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy10 (Post 2050471508)
The in game substitutions, playcalling is a major pain. In order for me to substitute a center I need to click 6 buttons (d-pad to initiate menu, then 4 down to center, then x, then select replacement). This is simply too many buttons, when last year that same sub could have been made in three.

The gameplay is tremendous I love the weight of everything, hoping that this can be adjusted.

Couldn't agree more about the On-The-Fly menu. They've over complicated it way too much over the years.

I remember back in 2k8 (maybe?), where it was all d-pad. Hit down to bring up the subs menu which had rating and fatigue percentage listed, then scroll through players with the left and right arrows until you get who you want. Then finally hit B (on xbox) to exit.

This was so easy. I hate hitting multiple buttons on both sides, it makes it harder to multi-task and continue playing while making adjustments.

I understand that it's proper user experience to see all the possible replacement players in one view, but honestly it's a 15-man roster. I know who is on the team, and I know exactly who I'm putting in as my sub. In 99% of cases, each position has 2 or 3 players that a coach would even consider.

Wish they would bring back that system from 2k8.

Another nice thing was that I could click up to not only see the stats of my current player (like it is now), but I could see all the shooting stats of who is on the floor currently to determine who is hot, who I haven't shot with yet, etc. It was super helpful.

K_rob11 09-24-2021 11:16 AM

100% agree with this. I've always hated the button approach to make subs. It can get very cumbersome to make a sub during gameplay. Also, we need better (USEFUL) info on the sub menu when we pull it up...just give us Player Name, fouls, and fatigue level. I hate having to press start to look at player stats to remember how many fouls a player has before I put them in. Also, subbing a player in using the D-pad won't even show the fatigue level unless you back out and go in the menu again....that's annoying.

jk31 09-24-2021 11:42 AM

But I hope they finally keep the stamina/fatigue display in the subs menu. I really hated it when they took that out with 2k12 or 2k13.