Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Best the shot stick has ever been. Excellent work by 2k (/forums/showthread.php?t=992909)

alabamarob 09-27-2021 04:11 PM

Best the shot stick has ever been. Excellent work by 2k

2k22 has the greatest array of shots of any basketball game ever.

1. You can put arc on every shot. This greatly helps when shooting over taller defenders or driving to the paint. It is difficult to control sometimes, but putting high arc on shots is one of the best parts of the game to me. Especially now with all these blocks.

2. You can shoot the ball moving 8 different directions from a standing dribble. You can shoot North, Northwest, Northeast, East, West, Southeast, Southwest, and South. Although, the unrealistic speed of defensive closeouts, and contests really hurt this great part of the game. You can still from time to time pull off one of these 8 different shots from a standing dribble to create space. I wish they would either call more shooting fouls on reckless contests or slow down the speed of the defense, but that is another topic. There are also 2 additional step backs with the turbo button to bring this standing dribble total to 10 different shots.

3. Eurosteps, spins, and hop steps into floaters. These gathers all allow to finish with a layup or a floater. The floaters out of these gathers can throw off the defender or a shot blocker depending on the situation.

4. Acrobat/double clutch finishes. You can do these out of layups or floaters. They don’t go in often for me, but that is because I stink right now. These shots are useful to avoid shot blocks, and I have even drawn a foul out of one. Although, I think they should call way more fouls out of these double pump layups, since there is often contact. This could really make the foul numbers more realistic, and be a way to punish reckless big men flying into traffic to block shots. c

5. Triple threat standing fade aways. There are certain times during the process of a triple threat jab or step over that you can go into an semi fade animation. Think of a TMac or Kobe elevate and semi fade over a defender shot. I have not gotten good at doing this at all. But every so often with Gallo or Deandre Hunter I an able to jab step and semi fade into a lowly contested jump shot, if a smaller defender is guarding me.

I am sure that the button shooting can unleash all these shots also, (other then putting arc on the shot or branching out of a finish to a floater) but they really did an excellent job with the array of moves you can pull off with the right stick this year.

You really can spend a lot of time in freestyle just putting up different types of shots for fun.

Excellent job on this.

COMMISSIONERHBK9 09-28-2021 01:53 AM

Re: Best the shot stick has ever been. Excellent work by 2k

So you shoot with analog stick never thought of doing that did you leave your pro stick function to default ?

AIRJ23 09-28-2021 02:09 AM

Can you control when it shoots from an arc?

jk31 09-28-2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9 (Post 2050474165)
So you shoot with analog stick never thought of doing that did you leave your pro stick function to default ?

Didn't everyone use the right stick initially for shooting?! I only changed my behavior to using the button because since 2k21 there is some strange delay when shooting with the stick before the player begins his shooting animation.

alabamarob 09-28-2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9 (Post 2050474165)

Yes Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIRJ23 (Post 2050474169)
Can you control when it shoots from an arc?

Yes if you move the shot stick slow it will shoot with a high arc. If you move the shot stick fast it will shot with a flat arc. That high arc is a big deal when finishing around the rim with smaller players.

Goffs 09-28-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob (Post 2050474229)
Yes if you move the shot stick slow it will shoot with a high arc. If you move the shot stick fast it will shot with a flat arc. That high arc is a big deal when finishing around the rim with smaller players.

I keep seeing FLAT whenever I released. I never realized that this had something to do with how you pressed the shot stick. Now I have to practice this.

icicle22 09-28-2021 10:23 AM

Guys. I just got the game and I while I am not a noob to the series, I am a noob to the shot stick and one thing is bugging the crap out of me and I cannot understand. Maybe you guys can clarify this for me.

When i am at the 3 point line and I pull down on the shot stick and let go at the perfect point, my player shoots and it is usually close or goes in. I do not expect it to always go in...I am not one of those people.

But what I don't understand is that during the course of the game, there are times where I do the exact same thing, pull down and release at the appropriate spot but suddenly the shot meter goes red (even though I did not miss the mark) and my player puts up a brick. Or an an airball. Clearly the game thinks i completely whiffed on my timing, when i didn't. This seems to happen often and I cannot find a pattern.

What's going on with this? Am I missing something? Is this fatigue or caused by CPU contesting the shot? I am at a loss but I can say it happens to excellent 3 point shooters so it is not caused by attempting 3s with poor outside shooters.

Thanks in advance.

mvpstax 09-28-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob (Post 2050473838)
2k22 has the greatest array of shots of any basketball game ever.

1. You can put arc on every shot. This greatly helps when shooting over taller defenders or driving to the paint. It is difficult to control sometimes, but putting high arc on shots is one of the best parts of the game to me. Especially now with all these blocks.

2. You can shoot the ball moving 8 different directions from a standing dribble. You can shoot North, Northwest, Northeast, East, West, Southeast, Southwest, and South. Although, the unrealistic speed of defensive closeouts, and contests really hurt this great part of the game. You can still from time to time pull off one of these 8 different shots from a standing dribble to create space. I wish they would either call more shooting fouls on reckless contests or slow down the speed of the defense, but that is another topic. There are also 2 additional step backs with the turbo button to bring this standing dribble total to 10 different shots.

3. Eurosteps, spins, and hop steps into floaters. These gathers all allow to finish with a layup or a floater. The floaters out of these gathers can throw off the defender or a shot blocker depending on the situation.

4. Acrobat/double clutch finishes. You can do these out of layups or floaters. They don’t go in often for me, but that is because I stink right now. These shots are useful to avoid shot blocks, and I have even drawn a foul out of one. Although, I think they should call way more fouls out of these double pump layups, since there is often contact. This could really make the foul numbers more realistic, and be a way to punish reckless big men flying into traffic to block shots. c

5. Triple threat standing fade aways. There are certain times during the process of a triple threat jab or step over that you can go into an semi fade animation. Think of a TMac or Kobe elevate and semi fade over a defender shot. I have not gotten good at doing this at all. But every so often with Gallo or Deandre Hunter I an able to jab step and semi fade into a lowly contested jump shot, if a smaller defender is guarding me.

I am sure that the button shooting can unleash all these shots also, (other then putting arc on the shot or branching out of a finish to a floater) but they really did an excellent job with the array of moves you can pull off with the right stick this year.

You really can spend a lot of time in freestyle just putting up different types of shots for fun.

Excellent job on this.

I would love to see a video of you showcasing this in the practice gym or whatever. Especially that jab/slight fadeaway.

This sounds so dope.