Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   This forum makes it confusing on whether NBA 2K22 is good for an average joe gamer. (/forums/showthread.php?t=993017)

tarek 09-30-2021 10:14 PM

This forum makes it confusing on whether NBA 2K22 is good for an average joe gamer.

I'm a bit of an average joe gamer. Love sports gaming and try to give them all some love, but I also love other non-sports games too. I also am middle aged with a family so gone are the days where I can spend days upon days mastering the annual sports game offering.

I look at reviews and they say the game is amazing. I look at this forum and there is so much information and alot of posts on specific bugs, errors, issues, etc.

I'm confused. And I don't know if others feel the same way.

I just want to play the game as a single player gamer, MyNBA, a bit of MyCareer, stuff like that. I don't want to min/max my build, or have the time to delve into all these other factors. I just want a good, fun, in depth basketball game and I'm happy to accept some faults here and there to someone like me who may or may not notice them, and if I do i'll shrug it off unless it's completely game breaking.

I hope the game is good. I'm awaiting delivery on my next-gen version of it. But I do admit the forum does confuse me tremendously on the state of the game.

TGsoGood 09-30-2021 10:50 PM

Re: This forum makes it confusing on whether NBA 2K22 is good for an average joe game

Pretty good casual experience.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Junior Moe 09-30-2021 11:00 PM

Re: This forum makes it confusing on whether NBA 2K22 is good for an average joe game

If you're a casual gamer looking for a solid sports game NBA 2K22 should be more than enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

MCSavage 09-30-2021 11:14 PM

I am playing NBA 2K22 as a single player game as well and for me it is not really ... fun. Yes, the defense is a lot tougher than last year and they got rid of the dumb shot timing mechanic, that made the simplest and most used aspect of basketball unnecessarily difficult, but NBA 2K21 was, simply put, fun. Your dribbles mattered, you could shoot midrange shots/try different positions for shooting, other people complained about the blow bys, but for me that perfectly captured today's real NBA, where defense is probably not the main focus and drives to the hoop are plentiful. CPU made mistakes when shooting and I used to play on HOF difficulty and thanks to the blow bys the drive and kick game was awesome.

But NBA 2K22 took that feeling away. It simply was not fun for me out of the box. 2K ramped up the defense, so everybody plays really tight defense and CPU defenders stay with you almost always, making your dribbles pointless, because they simply slide-shuffle perfectly everywhere, making you pick up the ball. Blow bys are non-existent and even Jonas Valanciunas makes Ja Morant pick up the ball while driving. And CPU doesn't miss shots. Especially if they get even a tiny bit of space. I have had many games where the CPU shoots 60+% from the floor and 70+% from the three.

So given that the CPU is near flawless, you need to be that as well to keep up with them, so naturally you start to use shots/plays that work and that gets boring.

BUT... a few days ago I punched in Schnaidt01's slider set and the game feels a lot better. Now I am exploring changing a few sliders to bring the blow bys back. So there is hope for NBA 2K22, but at least for me, it is not really as fun as NBA 2K21 was. I hope the Schnaidt's slider set helps, but if it doesn't, I'm going back to 2K21.

Smallville102001 09-30-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarek (Post 2050476204)
I'm a bit of an average joe gamer. Love sports gaming and try to give them all some love, but I also love other non-sports games too. I also am middle aged with a family so gone are the days where I can spend days upon days mastering the annual sports game offering.

I look at reviews and they say the game is amazing. I look at this forum and there is so much information and alot of posts on specific bugs, errors, issues, etc.

I'm confused. And I don't know if others feel the same way.

I just want to play the game as a single player gamer, MyNBA, a bit of MyCareer, stuff like that. I don't want to min/max my build, or have the time to delve into all these other factors. I just want a good, fun, in depth basketball game and I'm happy to accept some faults here and there to someone like me who may or may not notice them, and if I do i'll shrug it off unless it's completely game breaking.

I hope the game is good. I'm awaiting delivery on my next-gen version of it. But I do admit the forum does confuse me tremendously on the state of the game.

I am a big sports fan and love video games. I don't play sports video games has much has I used to though has it takes a lot of time up and takes a lot of time away that I can be playing other games, and of course with like 2/3 of your life being working or sleeping time is a very limited thing.

This is the first nba 2k game I have gotten sense 2018. I play on Allstar and I would say I am not the most skilled player. I have a hard time remember how to do different dribble moves and such. Some one who is good with dribble moves and such would find the sliders I am using to be too easy. I am working on my own sliders if you want to check them out. I have not update them in like 10 days or so but I have made some changes and I am getting some pretty good results. I will post an update in the next day or so if you want to check them out and give me some feed back.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-sliders.html

Also if you want to check out my YouTube channel I do stream at times. Can kind of give you an idea of how I play and how things look. May stream tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8U...BiR_6zdQqdg9iA

Making sliders can at times take a while but I fell like in about the 3 weeks the game has been out I am getting pretty good results already and taking some advice from other people can help you with ideas on what to do with sliders.

I am trying much different settings than this guy but I did take his attack the basket and offensive awareness and backdoor cuts settings and tried them. I like those 3 settings he has for those. He also has made sliders to help make franchise mode for realistic has there are so many options in franchise mode it can be like info overload lol

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html

I also took slider advice from some one about the movement sliders forget what thread that was but it has helped.

The game is pretty good and of course it's not perfect no game is. On default the game has the following issues.

1. Way to many blocks will see like 20 a game for each team.

2. Way to many offensive rebounds lots of games with 20+ offensive rebounds

3. Like no jump shot fouls seen one in like 33 games or so.

4. Not enough turnovers more so from the CPU. CPU averages like 7 a game like half of what they should

5. CPU tries too much to get to the basket and doesn't take enough outside shots leads to bad shots and too many points in the paint.

6. Big guys are able to keep up and defend smaller guys better than they should be and so it makes it hard to get to the basket and to drive the ball.

Now maybe that sounds bad but 1,2,5,6 can be fixed with sliders. I am getting a lot of games now with only like 3-5 blocks. Offensive rebounds I am getting a lot of games with like 6-10 now and some times I will get like 15 depends on how bad of a shooting game you have to. 3 I don't think can be fixed its just a 2k issue. I see contact on jump shots each game that don't get called that would be called like 98% of the time in real life. 4 I don't think can be fixed has most turnovers you will see are by steals not enough pass out of balls, moving screens etc. 5 with putting midrange and 3 point sliders up a lot and cpu inside and close shots down some you can basically get this issue fixed. So sliders can fix 4 of those 6. 6 with like sticky defense I think the roster update/patch like a week or so ago helped and also with a few small chances to like on ball defense and lateral quickness you can fix this.

last with forums now days you get a lot of different opinions and it can be confusing but its also is nice has its a place that can help you to come up with ways to fix/improve things that might bother you about a game.

keshunleon 09-30-2021 11:34 PM

There about 4 different reviews on NBA2K22.

VDusen04 10-01-2021 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCSavage (Post 2050476265)
But NBA 2K22 took that feeling away. It simply was not fun for me out of the box. 2K ramped up the defense, so everybody plays really tight defense and CPU defenders stay with you almost always, making your dribbles pointless, because they simply slide-shuffle perfectly everywhere, making you pick up the ball. Blow bys are non-existent and even Jonas Valanciunas makes Ja Morant pick up the ball while driving. And CPU doesn't miss shots. Especially if they get even a tiny bit of space. I have had many games where the CPU shoots 60+% from the floor and 70+% from the three.

I'm assuming you're next gen but you also just described my current gen experience to a tee. That CPU defense super speed side shuffle is 100 percent the worst. Instead of ball handling feeling like read-and-react, like real basketball, it feels like a roll of the dice, where odds are you're going to be randomly bodied up and stopped in place regardless of angle explored.

The majority of my ball handling advantages have felt random to this point, where the defense doesn't react at all to what felt like reasonable moves at the time but when I hit them with something weak as an afterthought, they're liable to almost glitch shift from time to time, finally allowing an opening of some sort.

If next gen really does bear those same similarities, I don't know if I'd consider it very beginner or casual friendly. I tried to bump down all CPU defense sliders and even then, so much of the game feels herky jerky, complete with casual pushbacks most times when I try to sneak into the lane.

SlimFast_GymRat 10-01-2021 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCSavage (Post 2050476265)
I am playing NBA 2K22 as a single player game as well and for me it is not really ... fun. Yes, the defense is a lot tougher than last year and they got rid of the dumb shot timing mechanic, that made the simplest and most used aspect of basketball unnecessarily difficult, but NBA 2K21 was, simply put, fun. Your dribbles mattered, you could shoot midrange shots/try different positions for shooting, other people complained about the blow bys, but for me that perfectly captured today's real NBA, where defense is probably not the main focus and drives to the hoop are plentiful. CPU made mistakes when shooting and I used to play on HOF difficulty and thanks to the blow bys the drive and kick game was awesome.

So given that the CPU is near flawless, you need to be that as well to keep up with them, so naturally you start to use shots/plays that work and that gets boring.

BUT... a few days ago I punched in Schnaidt01's slider set and the game feels a lot better. Now I am exploring changing a few sliders to bring the blow bys back. So there is hope for NBA 2K22, but at least for me, it is not really as fun as NBA 2K21 was. I hope the Schnaidt's slider set helps, but if it doesn't, I'm going back to 2K21.

Like you said, just use Schnaidt’s or Eccentric’s sliders if you’re not willing to experiment.

Going back to 2K21, though?

Hell nah, that’s not an option lol.