Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Portable Football ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=99307)

backbreaker 10-12-2004 02:50 PM

Portable Football ?

After viewing EA's effort on the Nintendo DS, and it doesn't look that great. Harkens back to the N64 days. My question after seeing all the glorious video on games on Sony's PSP.

Would a nice line up of sports videogames such as ESPN 2k5 and Madden, would those titles make you purchase Sony's PSP. I considering purchasing one and hope like hell, sports games get on the bandwagon.

bigfnjoe96 10-12-2004 05:02 PM

Re: Portable Football ?

If you want a real portable football game go get yourself Mattel Football II. They can be found @ any Target or Wal-Mart store. It's the most fun you'll have playing a portable football game.

VTPack919 10-12-2004 09:21 PM

I have always wanted soemthing like that, i may have to look into it.

Cardot 10-20-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
If you want a real portable football game go get yourself Mattel Football II. They can be found @ any Target or Wal-Mart store. It's the most fun you'll have playing a portable football game.

I would agree with this....If you are over 30. I logged in Hundreds of ours with Mattel Football II in my youth. Awesome game. But if you are too young, the game will be too primative for you.

I bought it myself at Target recently to bring back the old memories. It is fun to play. Then I go to the X-Box with modern games, and I work on sliders and concern myself with statistical accuracy and don't have as much fun. Funny how that works out.

yo136 10-20-2004 10:41 AM

I'm 25 and I had fun playing my older brother's game when he went off to college. It was real fun and strangely addicting.

rock85 10-20-2004 05:10 PM

Ahh the good old days i had alot of fun with that portable gem

RubenDouglas 10-21-2004 07:31 AM

there was this mattel baseball game I loved.. homeruns everytime.. VERY VERY VERY VERY fun game, although very very very very primative. :waytogo:

yo136 10-21-2004 07:34 AM

I don't know. For baseball I like the old Baseball Gameboy cart. It played more Japanese style ball, but it was still fun nonetheless.