Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Presentation Isn't Just Bad, It's Infuriatingly Stupid (/forums/showthread.php?t=993073)

Detroit Tigers 10-02-2021 05:08 PM

Presentation Isn't Just Bad, It's Infuriatingly Stupid

Let's break some of this down for a second.

First of all, like half of this presentation is from some weirdo crotch-shot fisheye angle that are not only eyesores but are frankly weird af. I had a mind to start screencapoing some of this garbage and complain loudly somewhere. Digital crotch all over my screen at weird extreme zoom fisheye angles. I understand it's just the defecation coming from their failed "beyond broadcast" replay angles but that needs to go too. Get rid of this garbage. Not kidding at all.

Second, let's talk about how timeouts, injuries and penalties all wipe any replay or further discussion of the previous play. The biggest plays of the damn game occur under these condition all the time, so roughly half (if not more) of the biggest plays of a game are met with a horrible "TIMEOUT TIMEOUT TIMEOUT" screenwipe (that's ugly af btw) and a panorama of the stadium. Biggest play of the game and there's no "presentation" for it at all. This happens multiple times per game, where IRL you'd be getting FOUR replays alongside elaborative analysis, Madden is flashing MADDEN 22 into your face and moving on to the next play. This happens way, way, way too much.

And what on earth even ARE these sideline cutscenes? I watch a fake coach talking up a DT and the QB (who's on the field, no idea why he's at the meeting) for seemingly no reason at all, just to get to my replay? Some of these are loooong as hell. Why are they there? Are they contextual at all? I just wanna see the replay.

I guess I'm saying somebody needs to tell someone that penalties, injuries, timeouts, and these no-context, inaccurate sideline cutscenes are destroying whatever presentation happens to be in here.

reverend_heat 10-03-2021 02:59 PM

Re: Presentation Isn't Just Bad, It's Infuriatingly Stupid

Unfortunately you are completely correct. How about roughing the passer never being replayed but literally every fg attempted is shown via replay, not only that but someone at EA decided that the best replay angle of a fg is to show it from the side traveling through the air, robbing the viewer of any proper perspective of the kick. I want replays of important fg’s or extremely long ones, and how about a proper view? Either behind the kicker or behind the goalposts. Sad that I could list presentation issues all day. It needs a 100 percent rework from scratch right along with the entire Madden game itself.

kennylc321 10-03-2021 09:07 PM

This is the hill you want to die on!?! Ok. To each his own 🤷🏾*♂️

pantherfan076 10-03-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend_heat (Post 2050477667)
Unfortunately you are completely correct. How about roughing the passer never being replayed but literally every fg attempted is shown via replay, not only that but someone at EA decided that the best replay angle of a fg is to show it from the side traveling through the air, robbing the viewer of any proper perspective of the kick. I want replays of important fg’s or extremely long ones, and how about a proper view? Either behind the kicker or behind the goalposts. Sad that I could list presentation issues all day. It needs a 100 percent rework from scratch right along with the entire Madden game itself.

Here's a random thought to create a quick fix... The NFL remove their own heads from their own booties and allow someone else to have the license!? I think I should get a prize or something for this novel idea... maybe!?

Cory Levy 10-04-2021 09:13 AM

The mixing and matching of positional players has always been a big pet peeve of mine with regards to presentation. It's like they don't even understand how the sidelines process and work to the point where "it's probably just like a little party with everybody chilling out, right?".

Why do we see a WR posing for a picture surrounded by backup defensive players and the Punter instead of something natural like defensive guys moving off the bench to let the incoming offensive skill players have a seat or after a big sideline catch a backup WR claps that starting WR's back and gushes over his big catch? It'd be so easy to literally just watch a football game and make a list of generic "cut scenes" instead of going for such over the top dramatics in every game.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 10-04-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend_heat (Post 2050477667)

It’s like guys who don’t watch football designed the presentation.

That’s not what happened though. What happened is they gave someone too much creative freedom on the one thing you DON’T want a lot of creative freedom for. “Beyond broadcast” was “beyond” a mistake.

mdotjenkins 10-04-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2050478224)
It’s like guys who don’t watch football designed the presentation.

That’s not what happened though. What happened is they gave someone too much creative freedom on the one thing you DON’T want a lot of creative freedom for. “Beyond broadcast” was “beyond” a mistake.

I’m starting to think people who never have watched or played football designed this whole game. It’s sad how unrealistic and goofy this game is

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Vazione 10-05-2021 11:18 AM

Don’t forget the amount of stadium panoramas.