Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   FIFA 22 Patch #1 Available Now For All Platforms - Patch Notes (/forums/showthread.php?t=993163)

Steve_OS 10-05-2021 08:20 PM

FIFA 22 Patch #1 Available Now For All Platforms - Patch Notes

FIFA 22 patch #1 is coming soon, most likely early tomorrow morning. As usual, the patch...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

PhillyPhanatic14 10-05-2021 08:23 PM

Re: FIFA 22 - Title Update #1 Patch Notes

On the positive side - there's a lot being updated.

On the negative side there's nothing of value for Career Mode being fixed. Youth players still lose their potential when a new season starts. Still can't edit GK kits for custom teams. No fix for the audio bug causing insanely loud static buzz in press conferences. It's just a joke at this point. They have no interest in fixing the bugs in this mode.

Zac 10-05-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050479476)

It sure looks like a lot, especially when you post the same things multiple times.

Blackbear93 10-05-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050479479)

On the negative side there's nothing of value for Career Mode being fixed. Youth players still lose their potential when a new season starts. Still can't edit GK kits for custom teams. No fix for the audio bug causing insanely loud static buzz in press conferences. It's just a joke at this point. They have no interest in fixing the bugs in this mode.

Why would they? The monetization is in the Ultimate Team mode. The company will fix any issues with that mode quickly and let other modes suffer. EA already got our money and unless we play FUT mode we're not going to pay another dime. So if we don't play that doesn't bother EA; or we give FUT a try which profits EA. Why would they be in a hurry to fix anything but FUT?

dwnz 10-05-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbear93 (Post 2050479509)
Why would they? The monetization is in the Ultimate Team mode. The company will fix any issues with that mode quickly and let other modes suffer. EA already got our money and unless we play FUT mode we're not going to pay another dime. So if we don't play that doesn't bother EA; or we give FUT a try which profits EA. Why would they be in a hurry to fix anything but FUT?

There are plenty of non-FUT fixes/changes, so that narrative doesn't really work.

Blackbear93 10-05-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwnz (Post 2050479518)
There are plenty of non-FUT fixes/changes, so that narrative doesn't really work.

Yes, thank goodness emails, colors and kits have been updated. That will definitely make up for lost saves and homegrown talents being 22 rated goalkeepers.

Broncos86 10-06-2021 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050479479)

Yeah, gotta disagree here. Plenty of career mode fixes. There’s a lot there in that patch overall. I don’t think it’s fair to say they have “no interest.” That’s a LOT of stuff being fixed.

1860fan 10-06-2021 06:20 AM

Hopefully it won't take another week until it comes to consoles? and how big is the update.?</pre>

boomhauertjs 10-06-2021 06:34 AM

When will they let us edit the names of the players in Create-a-Club?

PhillyPhanatic14 10-06-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2050479705)
Yeah, gotta disagree here. Plenty of career mode fixes. There’s a lot there in that patch overall. I don’t think it’s fair to say they have “no interest.” That’s a LOT of stuff being fixed.

"A lot of stuff" lol most of it is player career. And the stuff in actual career is visual bugs. They aren't fixing core bugs in career, they're just goofing around with stuff that doesn't impact anything.

I don't see anyone saying the shaky press conference microphone was ruining their career experience, but i see plenty of people upset for the last 2 years that YA kids are losing their potential every time you advance to a new season.

Azamien 10-06-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050479789)
"A lot of stuff" lol most of it is player career. And the stuff in actual career is visual bugs. They aren't fixing core bugs in career, they're just goofing around with stuff that doesn't impact anything.

I don't see anyone saying the shaky press conference microphone was ruining their career experience, but i see plenty of people upset for the last 2 years that YA kids are losing their potential every time you advance to a new season.

Visual issues are often the easiest things to identify and fix. It's not like this is the final patch. I know bugs and tuning issues suck, but maybe have even a little patience.

ImmortalMindz 10-06-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2050479705)

Yes but while there's a decent number of CM updates, mostly they're very minor fixes while some of the bigger, long standing issues that truly impact the experience aren't even mentioned.

Just off the top of my head, both the skinny arms issue and the stamina bug when using the restart match option were in last year's game and should have been fixed for this year, yet no mention of either.

80+ percent of what EA does with CM are superficial improvements. They only do substantial work every few years, and often when they add new things it just creates more problems. I cannot think of a single CM feature that wasn't both poorly conceived and poorly executed.

I'm happy to see some CM updates in this patch but let's be real, CM is so far below par and below its potential, EA deserve nothing but criticism for how they've handled pretty much any mode not named FUT.

ImmortalMindz 10-06-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azamien (Post 2050479864)
Visual issues are often the easiest things to identify and fix. It's not like this is the final patch. I know bugs and tuning issues suck, but maybe have even a little patience.

Probably the best take for trying to be optimistic. Truth is every year we get the first patch that mainly addresses tweaks needed immediately for gameplay and lots of non-gameplay minor stuff that you know they just didn't get to before release.

The big update doesn't come until a little later, so hopefully we'll get some more significant CM fixes.

One underrated fix that I'm super happy to see is addressing the team tactics for teams. I don't know how many people noticed, but pretty much every team had its defensive, default, and attacking team setups to be nearly identical. Typically the only difference was a point or two in a couple of the sliders.

That fix alone could help single player gameplay a good bit...

ReturnoftheTmac 10-06-2021 01:17 PM

Dang. Was hoping they nerfed outside the box finesse shots. It’s cancer online (pro clubs is my mode)

Broncos86 10-06-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz (Post 2050479964)
Yes but while there's a decent number of CM updates, mostly they're very minor fixes while some of the bigger, long standing issues that truly impact the experience aren't even mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050479789)

Okay, real quick: this isn't a "You're Team A, I'm Team B, let's fight" kind of thing. I'm pointing out that fixes are happening, and that this notion of "no interest" in fixing CM isn't true.

That doesn't mean they fixed everything, that doesn't mean they fixed the most glaring issues, that doesn't mean I'm 100% happy. That doesn't mean you and I have to disagree and it doesn't mean it's a "your POV vs my POV" statement.

I'm saying that fixes are happening and yes, they do care to get things fixed. The attitude of "lol they don't care lmao" doesn't work here and it isn't valid. That's what I'm saying.

I get that there are issues unresolved that are brutal for some people and that they really wanted those issues prioritized. I get that it upsets people because those issues didn't get prioritized. But I also believe it's important not to just go full "lol they don't care" as a response.

Recon 10-06-2021 01:32 PM

Re: FIFA 22 Patch #1 Coming Soon - Patch Notes

Yeah, it only makes sense to be able to edit that info.

I was surprised by this:

“Improved referee logic to call for fewer fouls due to soft physical contact”

Never seen this issue…didn’t know fouls were in this version 😝

PPerfect_CJ 10-06-2021 02:00 PM

From what I've heard, the edit player bug still exists, where if you edit someone, they lose their secondary positions. Also, it takes you all the way back out and you have to go and re-find the team you were editing before working on any more of their players. This has been going on for multiple titles, now and they don't bother trying to fix it. There's no way in hell that I will ever buy this game for anything more than half price until they actually show that they are interested in our complaints.

PhillyPhanatic14 10-06-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azamien (Post 2050479864)

The Youth Academy bug is the biggest issue in Career Mode and it's been in the game since the Fifa 21 beta. I think 14 months is enough time to give them to fix a bug, don't ya think? Or is waiting 14 months not having a little patience?

jrose57 10-10-2021 01:38 AM

Re: FIFA 22 Patch #1 Available Now For PC, Soon For Consoles - Patch Notes

PS5 player here when is the patch coming!!!

Blackbear93 10-11-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrose57 (Post 2050482659)
PS5 player here when is the patch coming!!!

Any week now...

electrickeeper 10-11-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeyz123 (Post 2050483821)
how they can prioritize PC over PS5?

They've put the PC patch out first for at least a couple years now. It makes sense to roll it out on a smaller group so it can be more easily rolled back if need be.

KG 10-12-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrickeeper (Post 2050483828)
They've put the PC patch out first for at least a couple years now. It makes sense to roll it out on a smaller group so it can be more easily rolled back if need be.

I think it’s more to do with the lack of a certification process with PCs where as you have to go through Microsoft and Sony for consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

electrickeeper 10-12-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2050484212)
I think it’s more to do with the lack of a certification process with PCs where as you have to go through Microsoft and Sony for consoles.

There's that too! lol

jrnlgrn 10-12-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2050484212)

I always wonder about this. Other games I play seem to have a quicker turn around between PC and Console updates be it a major or minor patch.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app

saints0221 10-13-2021 07:32 AM

7:30 AM EST Weds, still no patch. Starting to get ridiculous…

TopSide83 10-13-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints0221 (Post 2050485190)
7:30 AM EST Weds, still no patch. Starting to get ridiculous…

It’s so ridiculous that we are bordering the line of it becoming ridonkulous

Qb 10-13-2021 10:30 AM

The EA servers were really buggy while trying to play clubs last night. Could not save any changes to our club or virtual pros, although matchmaking was fine. We were convinced EA had started some server-side work for the console update rollout. Oh well, probably tomorrow...

jrnlgrn 10-13-2021 10:53 AM

I think it FIFA '20 where the patch took like a month between PC and Console release.

ecantona9 10-14-2021 08:51 AM

The new patch is out for Xbox Series X. Download size is 2.6 GB.

I played 2 games with the new patch specifically paying attention to fouls and goalkeeper logic. I played Manu vs City in the first game and against Chelsea second game. I won 1-0 against City. The goal I scored against them was a little iffy. I shot it right at the keeper and he ducked under the shot and didn't try to block it. Not sure about the improvement. The keepers still make great saves, but the clubs all have world class keepers so not sure if these were the teams to test this with. Secondly, I did see more fouls than usual which is one advantage given in the first game, and 2 in the second game with one because I was slide tackling to see if it would be called. I would call that a slight improvement because I've played 10 games in a row sometimes and I would never see a foul. I think the defense has improved a little too, but maybe its psychological. Anyway, I'm still enjoying the game. Its the best FIFA in a while .

Rmiok222 10-14-2021 08:55 AM

So basically they’ve made fouls even less frequent. Not the direction I was hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

globalbeats7 10-14-2021 11:09 AM

Patch is out for the ps5, downloading 2.01GB.

ImmortalMindz 10-14-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecantona9 (Post 2050486124)
The new patch is out for Xbox Series X. Download size is 2.6 GB.

I played 2 games with the new patch specifically paying attention to fouls and goalkeeper logic. I played Manu vs City in the first game and against Chelsea second game. I won 1-0 against City. The goal I scored against them was a little iffy. I shot it right at the keeper and he ducked under the shot and didn't try to block it. Not sure about the improvement. The keepers still make great saves, but the clubs all have world class keepers so not sure if these were the teams to test this with. Secondly, I did see more fouls than usual which is one advantage given in the first game, and 2 in the second game with one because I was slide tackling to see if it would be called. I would call that a slight improvement because I've played 10 games in a row sometimes and I would never see a foul. I think the defense has improved a little too, but maybe its psychological. Anyway, I'm still enjoying the game. Its the best FIFA in a while .

What difficulty was this on?

ecantona9 10-14-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz (Post 2050486381)
What difficulty was this on?

World Class. It's seems to be the best difficulty in my opinion.

ImmortalMindz 10-14-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecantona9 (Post 2050486549)
World Class. It's seems to be the best difficulty in my opinion.

Gotcha. I noticed some odd things like that when I dropped down to WC, so that could be it. What's best is always going to depend on the person. I can't enjoy the game on WC or below; too easy to exploit the dumbed down AI for me.

Steve_OS 10-14-2021 06:16 PM

Re: FIFA 22 Patch #1 Available Now For All Platforms - Patch Notes

A Live Tuning gameplay change will soon be available for FIFA 22 and it will introduce the change below.
  • Slightly reduced the accuracy of Finesse Shot taken near the edge of the penalty box, and further.
    • This change applies to Finesse Shots taken between 49.95 feet/15.22 meters and 149.85 feet/45.67 meters from the goal line.
Live Tuning enables EA to roll out some changes without requiring a full Title Update. This allows them to make tuning changes faster and with more frequency while working on the balance of the game.

In order to ensure this change has been applied, please shut down and relaunch FIFA 22 when you see this message in game.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/d...ning-update-1/

poulka 10-14-2021 07:10 PM

Can someone tell me what are Tifos?

jrnlgrn 10-14-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poulka (Post 2050486625)
Can someone tell me what are Tifos?

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/what...q138khbbmk722n

CSL 10-15-2021 09:03 AM

Just noticed they've added the Viva Ronaldo chant for Cristiano, that's great. Anybody noticed any other additions from the general/audio/visual part of the update?

Seancefc 10-15-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 2050487052)
Just noticed they've added the Viva Ronaldo chant for Cristiano, that's great. Anybody noticed any other additions from the general/audio/visual part of the update?

It’s about time they added new chants.

Fifatas 10-15-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2050486586)
A Live Tuning gameplay change will soon be available for FIFA 22 and it will introduce the change below.
  • Slightly reduced the accuracy of Finesse Shot taken near the edge of the penalty box, and further.
    • This change applies to Finesse Shots taken between 49.95 feet/15.22 meters and 149.85 feet/45.67 meters from the goal line.
Live Tuning enables EA to roll out some changes without requiring a full Title Update. This allows them to make tuning changes faster and with more frequency while working on the balance of the game.

In order to ensure this change has been applied, please shut down and relaunch FIFA 22 when you see this message in game.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/d...ning-update-1/

By shut down and relaunch, that doesn't mean re installing it does it.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app