Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   The Presentation In This Game Is Too Much To Bear (/forums/showthread.php?t=993246)

onlybygrace 10-08-2021 01:52 AM

The Presentation In This Game Is Too Much To Bear

Its like hanging out with a bratty five year old at this point. Everything is overblown and overly hyped. Now the X factor BS is part of the commentary. Like what?!?!?

Uhg…sick of seeing players just stopping and staring at each other immediately after a goal. So cringe.

Its killing the game. Its reaching fatal levels.

onlybygrace 10-08-2021 01:55 AM

Re: The Presentation In This Game Is Too Much To Bear

Can we not edit thread titles?!? Lame.

That sucks, too.

boxers 10-08-2021 07:17 AM

I agree with you on the goal celebrations and score overlay. I would like to see a normal overlay (and theme), somewhere near the top of the screen.

That said, I actually enjoy the female commentator talking about the superstar x-factors. I think it will get old but I would like to see them use her more in-game for other stuff. I also think the on-ice stat overlays that they've added this year look really good so far (except the ones over the player's head).

I don't know how others feel but the female announcer's (sorry I don't know her name) intonation and cadence is probably closest to that of actual sideline/on-ice reporter vs the commentary from Ferraro and Cybulski (no disrespect to them - they're fine).

NYJin2011tm 10-08-2021 08:31 AM

Who’s the play by play guy? I don’t really like him. The analyst(Ray Ferraro I believe?) is ok.

bwiggy33 10-08-2021 09:09 AM

From what I've seen is you can turn off all of the presentation craziness in visual settings. I turned off what I thought were those settings and didn't see anything in regards to the presentation stuff. Nashville scored on me and there was no stuff on the ice.

I haven't experienced the commentary though as I had my speakers off. I just had the noises coming from the PS5 controller. If it's that bad I will probably turn them off. I've been doing that in games lately. It actually is nice at times to just hear the effects you would if you attended a game.

Jeffrey99 10-08-2021 09:12 AM

I like the new AR stat overlays. The score ticker is still pretty annoying and way too big. Would prefer a more realistic small box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyler289 10-08-2021 10:33 AM

It's all pretty terrible across the board.

I love, love, love that their pitch for going to a no-name talk radio host was that he was local and they could bring him in all the time to add more lines and commentary and then 3 years into it he hasn't added a single damn new line. Just a master class job by the dev team to do something and then just abandon it completely because the HUT/world of chel team is their only focus.

This is probably the first time ever I turn off broadcast commentary completely. It's so bad.

Also anyone know if those god-awful x-factor replays can be turned off in franchise mode? I don't want every goal scored by Ovechkin to have some spotlight crap.

PhillyGuy11826 10-08-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler289 (Post 2050481502)
It's all pretty terrible across the board.

I love, love, love that their pitch for going to a no-name talk radio host was that he was local and they could bring him in all the time to add more lines and commentary and then 3 years into it he hasn't added a single damn new line. Just a master class job by the dev team to do something and then just abandon it completely because the HUT/world of chel team is their only focus.

This is probably the first time ever I turn off broadcast commentary completely. It's so bad.

Also anyone know if those god-awful x-factor replays can be turned off in franchise mode? I don't want every goal scored by Ovechkin to have some spotlight crap.

They said the same thing about Ray Ferraro back in 2015, never added new lines post launch