Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender and (/forums/showthread.php?t=993265)

gknjr007 10-08-2021 11:31 PM

How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender and

Crossover, STEPBACK, drive forward, stop, STEPBACK, STEPBACK, drive forward, STEPBACK, STEPBACK, drive forward for a layup.

Im on skates as a a defender and the ballhander speed boost out that crap and constantly drives by me. I mean how many times do i have to defend that stepback, knowing i dont have the consistent tools as a defender to stop that everytime the ballhandler resets after a fail drive attempt by the same ballhandler in the same possesion? The problem is when the game first came out the ballhandler was forced to pick up the ball if he just kept running into you, but they took that tool away from the defense. 2k22 was about giving us equal tool as the offense. What happened to that promise. Give us a "cut off move" like in 2k12

jeebs9 10-09-2021 03:50 AM

Re: How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender

And for anyone that doesn't know what he's talking about.
https://youtu.be/S-J1yNa0Lmg

I experienced it on probably the worst way tonight.

Curry, He just kept doing it over and over.

jk31 10-09-2021 04:23 AM

Re: How do you stop the stepback move? That crap feels unstoppable as a man defender

Quote:

Originally Posted by gknjr007 (Post 2050481964)
Crossover, STEPBACK, drive forward, stop, STEPBACK, STEPBACK, drive forward, STEPBACK, STEPBACK, drive forward for a layup.

Im on skates as a a defender and the ballhander speed boost out that crap and constantly drives by me. I mean how many times do i have to defend that stepback, knowing i dont have the consistent tools as a defender to stop that everytime the ballhandler resets after a fail drive attempt by the same ballhandler i. The same possesion? The problem is when the game first came out the ballhandler was forced to pick up the ball if he just kept running into you, but they took that tool away from the defense. 2k22 was about giving us equal tool as the offense. What happened to that promise. Give us a "cut off move" like in 2k12

so is He scoring with a layup all the time? why dont you just keep your distance then while He is doing the stepback? dare him to Shoot as this is obviously Not the Option He likes to take. See of He is capable of doing that.

jeebs9 10-09-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk31 (Post 2050482035)
so is He scoring with a layup all the time? why dont you just keep your distance then while He is doing the stepback? dare him to Shoot as this is obviously Not the Option He likes to take. See of He is capable of doing that.

Ahhhh that doesn't work. It depends on the player your defending. As the other day I was playing Curry. I'll see if I can find any clips from the game. But basically the user I played. .

He would hesi-step back. And if the defender doesn't step up. He's shooting a 3. When you do step up (as defender), he'll crossover (left stick). Even if you off ball and let the CPU play him it's kind of the same results.

I think the problem I have with the whole thing is Curry doesn't play like that in real life. That much dribbling is totally uncalled for.

ForeverVersatile 10-09-2021 08:26 AM

For me, I don’t bit or close in on every move people make and most of the time they will run right into you. Play a side and send them to the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

vannwolfhawk 10-09-2021 11:31 AM

I love the explosions and dribbling this year as well as the stepbacks. Best they have ever been IMO. Responsive dribbling. I hope this stays as is for this and future games.

But I think the defense needs the same explosion boost as well to counter.

Offline you can help mitigate through sliders. Online it has to feel like on skates at times because defensively you don’t get the same boost or explosion that the offense does.

Luke Skywalker 10-09-2021 11:38 AM

Every player who has to defend James Harden wants to know this too.

jeebs9 10-09-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile (Post 2050482078)
For me, I don’t bit or close in on every move people make and most of the time they will run right into you. Play a side and send them to the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I've going to try this out next time I face someone like this . In my game the user was cold in the first half. But in the second half took off and there was nothing I could do but Double team. That's kind of how I won the game. Double off Draymond Green. Let him do whatever he wanted.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk (Post 2050482165)
I love the explosions and dribbling this year as well as the stepbacks. Best they have ever been IMO. Responsive dribbling. I hope this stays as is for this and future games.

But I think the defense needs the same explosion boost as well to counter.

Offline you can help mitigate through sliders. Online it has to feel like on skates at times because defensively you don’t get the same boost or explosion that the offense does.

Exactly!! I would hope some of these defensive badges would do that. But it's pretty obvious offense is first [emoji23]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker (Post 2050482167)
Every player who has to defend James Harden wants to know this too.

Not like this lol. Even Luka has a step back. But the way Curry does it. It's flat out not real with the combo of his deep 3's. In my game he had 36 points. Defensively I gave up with on-ball defense after the first quarter. Let me see if I can upload the game.