Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 22 Review - Another Solid Entry in the Series (/forums/showthread.php?t=993405)

ChaseB 10-13-2021 01:05 PM

Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 22 Review - Another Solid Entry in the Series

With fans always looking for alternatives in the world of video game football, independent developers like...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.

drewst18 10-14-2021 08:05 PM

Re: Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 22 Review - Another Solid Entry in the Series

The three things that stop me from taking the plunge into DDS:PFS are;

1) The sim engine. Unfortunately I just dont trust that the engine either accurately depicts football or that my team makes much of a difference. I feel like its random. I will win 10 games when I have the worst team then feel like I have a good team and win 2 games.

2) While I can get NFL rosters, they are generally not very good. Granted its been a couple years but they were usually just Madden rosters converted which weren't great because theyre Madden rosters, everyone was rated 75-99 which isn't what you want to see in a Text Sim game. Need a wide range of ratings.

3) Financials. One of the biggest aspects of being an NFL GM is navigating the salary cap and that just wasn't possible. I am most curious with this one as they said its more realistic or can be setup properly this year but I'm curious to see how AI handles things. Will keep an eye out for youtube franchise series to see how well that is handled.

tarek 10-16-2021 01:18 AM

Re: Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 22 Review - Another Solid Entry in the Series

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewst18 (Post 2050486663)
The three things that stop me from taking the plunge into DDS:PFS are;

1) The sim engine. Unfortunately I just dont trust that the engine either accurately depicts football or that my team makes much of a difference. I feel like its random. I will win 10 games when I have the worst team then feel like I have a good team and win 2 games.

2) While I can get NFL rosters, they are generally not very good. Granted its been a couple years but they were usually just Madden rosters converted which weren't great because theyre Madden rosters, everyone was rated 75-99 which isn't what you want to see in a Text Sim game. Need a wide range of ratings.

3) Financials. One of the biggest aspects of being an NFL GM is navigating the salary cap and that just wasn't possible. I am most curious with this one as they said its more realistic or can be setup properly this year but I'm curious to see how AI handles things. Will keep an eye out for youtube franchise series to see how well that is handled.

I'm similar. I've played the Wolverine College basketball game and really enjoyed that. But the football game seems like it lacks just a little bit of something that truly takes it to the next level. An older game like NFL Head Coach 09 is probably more polished still.

NINJAK2 10-18-2021 04:06 PM

the way the game is displayed is a big reason why I haven't made the plunge. I wish they could atleast use the graphics of the now extinct quick hit football if they are going to display it in 2d form..

https://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?im...gin&format=jpg

bob_bask 10-19-2021 12:33 PM

Menus look big step up from 1 I last brought. Nice.

jfeev215 10-19-2021 10:11 PM

I think they need to work on player generation when starting fictional leagues.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Operation Sports mobile app

chargerrich 10-26-2021 10:31 AM

Hello, I picked up this game recently as I am desperately looking for a real franchise sim since Madden has chased the MUT money and left the rest of us wanting. I wanted to post here to throw my support behind this game as it is about as close to a franchise simulator as I have found.

While I have not actually played a single game yet as I have been busy learning the interface, playing with the franchise features and editing rosters, what I have seen so far is promising.

I have also purchased Pro-Strategy Football which is a very enjoyable experience but needs more enhancement in terms of franchise and attribute flexibility. I have hopes that this game as well can become another great option for us soured on Madden and not requiring "cutting edge" visuals or arcade sticks which - to me - are not a top priority for enjoyment.

Anyway, I hope those on the fence will throw support and a few bucks behind either of these games to further broaden the market and allow these amazing authors and studios to create a game that can meet or even surpass what OOTP has done for baseball.

Judging by the lack of posts and activity, it seems these games do not have the exposure they truly deserve!

Mike Lowe 12-07-2021 02:10 AM

We're trying to get 32 guys for a new online league. We have about 15 or so now over at SSG. DM me for info if you're interested. Definitely trying to do what we can to help build up this genre again.