Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Are you able to use old scouting? (/forums/showthread.php?t=993439)

coachlem 10-14-2021 02:54 AM

Are you able to use old scouting?

Where am I able to use the old scouting. They said they would give the option or am I wrong

fmburty 10-14-2021 07:02 AM

Re: Are you able to use old scouting?

I'm not sure if it was optional, but the old scouting is still the same in already created franchise's.

NYJin2011tm 10-14-2021 07:27 AM

I think people were misunderstanding what they said lol. They said we can start over to get new scouting or you have the option to continue your already started franchise and use old scouting.

oneamongthefence 10-14-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachlem (Post 2050486021)
Where am I able to use the old scouting. They said they would give the option or am I wrong

If you don't have a franchise started before the update hit then no you can't go back. What you can do however is delete the game and reinstall. Make sure your console is disconnected from the internet. Start a franchise and save it. Then download the update and you'll have a franchise that uses the old scouting with all the current bug fixes.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

JoshC1977 10-14-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneamongthefence (Post 2050486217)
If you don't have a franchise started before the update hit then no you can't go back. What you can do however is delete the game and reinstall. Make sure your console is disconnected from the internet. Start a franchise and save it. Then download the update and you'll have a franchise that uses the old scouting with all the current bug fixes.

99.9% sure that this would only work for a disc version. If you download the digital version after an uninstall, you will download one package with the fully patched game.

oneamongthefence 10-14-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050486254)
99.9% sure that this would only work for a disc version. If you download the digital version after an uninstall, you will download one package with the fully patched game.

Yes. You are correct. I should have specified in my post.

SmoothDoogie 03-02-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneamongthefence (Post 2050486217)

I just tried this and it doesn't work. Madden requires you to be signed into EA. And if you try to reconnect your internet to connect to EA, you get prompted saying you need to patch before you can sign in. Now I have a 47GB patch downloading, lol.

Edit, I have the disc.

khaliib 03-02-2022 07:53 PM

Only if you have Disk & load offline (not connected to internet).

If you prefer the OOTB Gameplay with the Scouting Update, save a Franchise with the Update.
- Uninstall the game ONLY (not your Madden Profile/Reserve Space)
- Install from disk offline
- Create a new Franchise & it will pull the Scouting Update from the Franchise file in your profile save, while using the OOTB non-updated Gameplay (version 1.0.0.3)