Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The Dunk Meter sucks. (/forums/showthread.php?t=993500)

leoribas3 10-15-2021 04:28 PM

The Dunk Meter sucks.

If the timing of it made sense it would be a great new addition… the dunk meter green isnt at the jump, nor when the ball is actually dunked. It feels completely random, each dunk has its own timing which is impossible to predict.

Also, you barely get to enjoy it because youre focused on a stupid mini game, taking the excitement away of maybe the most exciting play in basketball.

Timing on jump shots make sense and the release window also makes sense, thats why it works. You can even shoot with the shot meter off and make shots.

But this dunk meter just sucks. Probably the worst thing about the game for me.

Edit: we should absolutely have the option to turn it off.

And as far as I know most of the contact dunk animations, plus flashy dunks, are tied to this meter.

Scuzz 10-15-2021 04:42 PM

Re: The Dunk Meter sucks.

I don't like it either. I play with Real FG% on and wish I didn't have to use the meter on dunks or alley-oops.

jeffy777 10-15-2021 05:12 PM

It's the worst.

Mauer4MVP 10-15-2021 05:19 PM

Yeah I understand that thought but you should be able to disable it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

BaselineBakes 10-15-2021 08:56 PM

Hate it. Not sure I’ve connected on an alley oop yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 24th Letter 10-15-2021 09:02 PM

Good idea, poor execution IMO along with the alley oop meter. It's distracting placement and odd timing is what makes it frustrating for some.

Wouldnt mind it returning cleaned up. It's not the only way to get posters though, BTW

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Smirkin Dirk 10-15-2021 09:11 PM

I like it. Gives us the option to dunk without it being automatic. The placement is an issue.

And Im still not sure what Im looking at with the oop meter.

Goffs 10-15-2021 09:49 PM

Personally I never used it since I'm a defensive center BUT I absolutely love it when a slasher tries to dunk on me using the meter. Some nice contact physics animations occur whenever I get a block. I hope they keep it for next year since the meter dunk is optional now if the player wants to use it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk