Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Superback offense (/forums/showthread.php?t=993920)

VTWiseGuy 10-29-2021 11:28 PM

Superback offense

What offense would fit a superback? Pure one back?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Chasethefalcon 10-30-2021 08:27 PM

Re: Superback offense

Can you explain what a super back is? Only thing I know of is the RB in the Run N Shoot.

VTWiseGuy 10-31-2021 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chasethefalcon (Post 2050498555)
Can you explain what a super back is? Only thing I know of is the RB in the Run N Shoot.

https://uwaathletics.com/news/2013/1...008134029.aspx

Northwestern have a different idea of it. I know about the RnS define of it.

conception 11-04-2021 11:44 PM

That's a very interesting concept. Once I get into the flow of playing a dynasty I usually keep my running backs to the run and receivers to the pass mostly because I want to want to give all my guys opportunities at what they do best. But trying to organize around a particular philosophy for a novel player like that would be very interesting.

hoosierhead_BSU 11-16-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conception (Post 2050501931)
That's a very interesting concept. Once I get into the flow of playing a dynasty I usually keep my running backs to the run and receivers to the pass mostly because I want to want to give all my guys opportunities at what they do best. But trying to organize around a particular philosophy for a novel player like that would be very interesting.

To kind of put my own take on this, I kind of agree. While I think it is fun to take the approach of organizing an offense; I think it is the wrong way of doing things. You should fit the player into your offense by making adjustments. If you were to take this approach I think it limits you too much. Rather take your offense, add some simple slot receiver deep route plays to use the speed. Some triple option using slot receivers. Really any formations that favor triple option with good routes from the back like pistol forms with two backs. Also use them as a wingback on flexbone. HB Screens, HB Screens, HB Screens!!!!

kevwalrath 12-08-2021 10:59 AM

I think the run and shoot is the primary offense where superback is a feature. Basically the rare h back type who can be designated as primary ball carrier within the offense.

The best approach to me personnel wise would be to recruit fullbacks who are receiving, and decent speed. This allows for a guy who can run the ball mostly inside runs, 3-5 yards a pop, catch balls out of the backfield, as well as block on passing plays as extra protection.

Plays wise I don't know for sure. Never ran a pure rns offense, though I'd like to. I'm mostly a spread option/rpo kind of guy. But I would imagine lots of option route passing plays, inside zone, and screens. Include plays that best feature the superback in a manner as described above. Could be fun! Might try this with a dynasty sometime myself...

VTWiseGuy 12-08-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevwalrath (Post 2050517749)
I think the run and shoot is the primary offense where superback is a feature. Basically the rare h back type who can be designated as primary ball carrier within the offense.

The best approach to me personnel wise would be to recruit fullbacks who are receiving, and decent speed. This allows for a guy who can run the ball mostly inside runs, 3-5 yards a pop, catch balls out of the backfield, as well as block on passing plays as extra protection.

Plays wise I don't know for sure. Never ran a pure rns offense, though I'd like to. I'm mostly a spread option/rpo kind of guy. But I would imagine lots of option route passing plays, inside zone, and screens. Include plays that best feature the superback in a manner as described above. Could be fun! Might try this with a dynasty sometime myself...

I like your way of thinking. It should be interesting to try. I am just now forcing myself to use the OC playbook If I am the HC but, adding whatever ever background he has ie: (option background and add option plays to the playbook) if I am the OC use the HC and just make a custom but keep the stock formations but edit the plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk