Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Shot totals (/forums/showthread.php?t=994218)

callahan24 11-10-2021 01:32 PM

Shot totals

It’s seem no matter what I do I’m consistently out shooting my opponent by enough that it’s frustrating. I’ve gone down to 7min periods to lower my SOG. I’ve lowered pass Accuracy for me upped it for them. Gave them better puck control. I’ll get a great game and then 4 lopsided one. Is there a fix ? I play on all-star. I’ve tried pro with the sliders heavily slanted in the CPU’s favor and still annihilate them. So I don’t know.

leafsfan67 11-10-2021 02:38 PM

Re: Shot totals

Quote:

Originally Posted by callahan24 (Post 2050504628)
It’s seem no matter what I do I’m consistently out shooting my opponent by enough that it’s frustrating. I’ve gone down to 7min periods to lower my SOG. I’ve lowered pass Accuracy for me upped it for them. Gave them better puck control. I’ll get a great game and then 4 lopsided one. Is there a fix ? I play on all-star. I’ve tried pro with the sliders heavily slanted in the CPU’s favor and still annihilate them. So I don’t know.

I have the exact same issue no matter what difficulty I play..

callahan24 11-10-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafsfan67 (Post 2050504662)
I have the exact same issue no matter what difficulty I play..

It’s definitely frustrating. One thing I was thinking was making poke checking “harder” my poke check sliders are default and for years I’ve been very good at it. Idk if that’d work.

Detroit Tigers 11-10-2021 06:59 PM

Before you start worrying about sliders have you considered you’re likely taking way more bad shots than you think, and that taking a look at a second & third option on each possession will cut your shot totals considerably?

Can be tempting to just pepper tf out of the goalie but having some patience and actually scoring goals on 15-20% of your shots is where it’s at on offense imo.

leafsfan67 11-10-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers (Post 2050504792)
Before you start worrying about sliders have you considered you’re likely taking way more bad shots than you think, and that taking a look at a second & third option on each possession will cut your shot totals considerably?

Can be tempting to just pepper tf out of the goalie but having some patience and actually scoring goals on 15-20% of your shots is where it’s at on offense imo.

Thats ridiculous,why cut down on your shots, you're trying to win right?

callahan24 11-10-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers (Post 2050504792)

It’s not that I don’t just fling easy wrist shot at goalie it’s time on attack if I have 4 more minutes in my zone it’s obviously going to sway my way. Can’t seem to fix that,I should add in my 3 wins(3-2) 7-0 5-0(Igor back to back) 4-3. Shots can’t be too bad.

babaracus88 11-11-2021 12:44 AM

i find if i set sliders so i win a few less faceoffs and if i lower human players skating speed the computer gets more shots on me

callahan24 11-11-2021 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaracus88 (Post 2050504946)
i find if i set sliders so i win a few less faceoffs and if i lower human players skating speed the computer gets more shots on me

What’s your faceoff difficulty setting and skating speed differential ?