Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only) (/forums/showthread.php?t=994327)

khaliib 11-15-2021 12:54 PM

M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only)

Update:
- This is done with a clean delete of User Profile and any Gameplay Slider saves
- have not tested if editing Penalties/Injuries/Fatigue/Speed Threshold Slider triggers transition

Posted this in the Impression Thread, but wanted to create a thread so others can come across the info, esp as more gamers are able to get their hands on a Next-Gen console through the holidays.

Next-Gen Player Movement really does add a different gameplay experience to Madden, but there's an unintended caveat (unfortunately) for Next-Gen gamers to play the game with this feature.
***reported it to the Dev team

As some here on OS, Twitter and EA Forum have mentioned, "Game Play Speed" for some reason seemed faster than Beta, along with Next-Gen Player Movement seemingly disappearing and gameplay looking/feeling like Last-Gen.

Well issue is....

If you adjust "any” gameplay slider at all, you’ll be kicked from any default setting (Rookie/Pro/AP/AM) and transitioned into a “Custom” setting (although no longer visible in front end Gameplay Slider settings)

- Game Speed still changes according to these levels

Remember Sliders have not been touched since their introduction, along with Madden constantly being built over years of old code, so many hiccups have carry over into Next-Gen Madden.

- years ago, when you adjusted one slider it transitioned your setting into a Custom designation/set up
- Custom setting defaulted to a "Fast" game speed setting

Like others on NG, I couldn’t figure out why the gameplay speed just seemed so different when playing on 100% Default Sliders with each of the latest EA Roster Updates.

The Player Movement was very noticeably “slower/weighted” until I would apply any Gameplay Slider adjustments, then the gameplay speed would speed up for some strange reason on all Difficulty settings.

Being curious, I did an reinstall & did no Slider edits, sure enough game speed & NG Player Movement was there in Play Now & Franchise.

- after changing just the Tackle Slider, gameplay speed went back to a much faster pace.

So for those that do notice the NG gameplay speed is faster, don’t adjust any gameplay Sliders to prevent transitioning your settings into Custom, where gameplay Speed is set to “Fast” by default as it was before they removed the notation from the Front End.

*Again, I sent this info to the Dev team, but for now hope this helps.

Update: 11/21
***credit to JoshC1977 for figuring out why Gameplay Speed would flip-flop between faster/slower games in Franchise

I posted an iteration of this in my slider thread but am putting it out here for people to assess for themselves. I've finally gotten through multiple sessions without issues.

The current version of Madden has a really wonky issue where the game can get "sped up". This is caused when the sliders in the main menu (which are tied to the user profile that loads when you start the game) are different than your CFM sliders. To resolve this, we need to ensure the main menu sliders are aligned EXACTLY with the CFM sliders. Quick note: this has NOT been tested for an existing franchise or online CFMs.

This is the process.

1. Enter ALL of your main menu settings and sliders (yes, you will need to save the sliders). (As a quick aside, this should work irrespective of the slider values selected - though some slider setups are just poorly designed and may continue to have issues)

2. Once the main menu settings are completely updated, exit the game entirely and re-start. This will load your updated settings from from your user profile.

3. In CFM, go to the slider screen, hit Triangle (or the corresponding button on XBox) to import the sliders. IMPORTANT: DO NOT hit the reset button or manually change ANY slider values (if you do this, when you exit the slider screen, you will see a save of your madden profile - meaning that you screwed-up). Just import and exit the slider screen.

4. Once you do these steps, you should not need to adjust sliders again. IF you decide you want to tinker with sliders, you need to start over at step 1 (again, do NOT manually adjust sliders in CFM).

EDIT: One other final thing, if you're in an existing CFM, I HIGHLY recommend doing this process BEFORE advancing into the next week on your schedule.

khaliib 11-15-2021 01:05 PM

Re: M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only)

Some other quick notations that I've noticed...

1) For the 1st time, I saw “Fatigue” hitting my players during gameplay & their level meter (next to them when pulled up) actually showing levels of 50 & 60, along with their colors/rings under them showing yellow & red.

Will lab some more inside Franchise dealing with the Fatigue aspect as some of my players where gassed (red) after one play with their Stamina ratings in the mid/low 80’s.

2) WR's are aggressive at attacking the pass instead of watching the DB

3) Some ratings are very sensitive/impactful upon gameplay
- "93+" MCV rating will have defender in hip pocket of WR

***really minimizes the OP TE out route if safety/LB MCV is edited

4) Break Tackle rating at (99) opens up AI Ball Carriers move set, not matter their animation Tier set

5) Momentum during blocking is beautiful because based on ratings, some defenders will aggressively over-pursue to fill on run plays, creating some visible nice cut-back lanes (if you don't abuse the Sprint button)

- AI Ball Carriers will cut back also, which is nice to see

mtmetcalfe 11-15-2021 01:47 PM

Good investigative work. Unfortunately I’m guessing nothing will be done about this. Hopefully I’m wrong. I’ve also noticed quite a bit of shifting and warping since last patch. Probably an affect of the increased game speed?

JoshC1977 11-15-2021 02:23 PM

Interesting observations Khalib. Just curious, are you lumping-in all sliders (including fatigue/injury/penalties) or just the user and CPU gameplay sliders?

I personally consider all of them to be gameplay sliders; but others may misconstrue it.

MizzouRah 11-15-2021 02:50 PM

So when you say "default" how do you get back to that for a current CFM in progress? Do you go into the sliders and press X (xsx) to default them all back to 50 (including injuries)?

khaliib 11-15-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050507026)
Interesting observations Khalib. Just curious, are you lumping-in all sliders (including fatigue/injury/penalties) or just the user and CPU gameplay sliders?

I personally consider all of them to be gameplay sliders; but others may misconstrue it.

I did turn Fatigue Slider all the way up to test fatigue impacts via lower Stamina ratings inside Franchise, game speed still remained the same, but some players though where gassed (red) after 1-2 plays

Haven't touched penalties though.

CM Hooe 11-15-2021 04:39 PM

Well this might help explain why I bounced off Madden 22 so sharply.

I would be interested to know if modifying the speed threshold slider from its default value also creates this unintended gameplay speedup.

And just to be clear - the intended workaround to not trigger this behavior is to play ONLY on Rookie / Pro / All Pro / All Madden without modifying a single gameplay slider?

One more question - exactly how the heck did you uncover this issue? My mind is kinda blown right now lol.

BadAssHskr 11-15-2021 04:52 PM

Keep us posted on the penalty sliders.
Curious if that has any effect on gameplay.

Thanks for looking out, this is interesting news!