Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Von Miller Retirement (/forums/showthread.php?t=994336)

prey2god 11-15-2021 04:52 PM

Von Miller Retirement

So Von Miller retired on me going into Week 5. I tried talking him out of it, he's like nope, I'm done.

Does that happen with anyone else? Also curious if there's any correlation to real life? Like if Von Miller brought it up to the EA team which will result in real life retirement later on.

kehlis 11-15-2021 05:01 PM

Re: Von Miller Retirement

Doesn't have anything to do with real life, there are a few players that this scenario starts for. (Khalil Mack, Bobby Wagner, and Chandler Jones just to name a few. If you don't open the scenario apparently that is a work around though I can't confirm that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...ck_retirement/

prey2god 11-15-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehlis (Post 2050507112)
Doesn't have anything to do with real life, there are a few players that this scenario starts for. (Khalil Mack, Bobby Wagner, and Chandler Jones just to name a few. If you don't open the scenario apparently that is a work around though I can't confirm that.

Thanks! I wish I knew this. Now he's completely gone. Seems odd he would retire at 31 too. He still has a lot in the tank left.

jdelicce 11-16-2021 09:06 AM

TJ Watt just pull the same crap on me. In the two games after he said he was thinking about retiring he had 10 tackles three forced fumbles, two interceptions returned for touchdowns.He was also named defensive player of the week. He said he was feeling better and was going to try to stay on.

Mattanite 11-16-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehlis (Post 2050507112)

Confirmed workaround

kennylc321 11-16-2021 01:14 PM

I'm not touching it. I always wanted players to retire during the season... heck, I want to see players retire throughout the entire process. Before/after the draft, during/after preseason.

In year one of my franchise, I had Jason Kelce retire and now in year two, I already had the conversation w/ Lane Johnson.

I love it.

timmg 11-16-2021 03:52 PM

should have unhappy players request a trade

therealsmallville 11-16-2021 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Trent Williams threatened retirement on me, but agreed to stick around a few more games to see how things would go. I assumed he would auto-retire, so I traded him to Arizona.

A few weeks later he asked to visit with me to tell me he had changed his mind. I was naturally very happy to hear it [emoji16]

Attachment 197220

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports