Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   CPU Players Out of Position (/forums/showthread.php?t=994383)

Mackrel829 11-18-2021 05:36 AM

CPU Players Out of Position

Anybody else noticing CPU teams playing players out of position quite often? Particularly playing fullbacks at centre back and vice versa, and wingers at centre midfield and vice versa.

For example, Man Utd often line up with Sancho at CM and McTominay at RW. Brighton often line up with Lamprey at the centre of a back 5, etc.

Any way to fix this?

Diego Sanchez 11-18-2021 09:24 AM

Re: CPU Players Out of Position

I use a second controller and go into select sides before the match and then select the opposition’s lineup myself. As soon as the match starts I disconnect the second controller.

tinpanalley 11-18-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackrel829 (Post 2050508302)
Anybody else noticing CPU teams playing players out of position quite often? Particularly playing fullbacks at centre back and vice versa, and wingers at centre midfield and vice versa.

For example, Man Utd often line up with Sancho at CM and McTominay at RW. Brighton often line up with Lamprey at the centre of a back 5, etc.

Any way to fix this?

If you do any kind of modifications to the main squad lineups but don't go and also modify the two offensive and defensive lineups as well, the players in the default one will end up scattered all over the place in the other 4 lineups. Typically stock squads work throughout. The thing is that players don't seem to be tied to the position you put them in in the default lineup, they seem tied to the player you replace and where that player was playing. There are all sorts of little squad lineup bugs in FIFA going back to the 2014 World Cup game.

ImmortalMindz 11-20-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diego Sanchez (Post 2050508338)
I use a second controller and go into select sides before the match and then select the opposition’s lineup myself. As soon as the match starts I disconnect the second controller.

Super tedious but doing this massively improves the single player experience. Combine this with going in and changing CPU team sheets so that player instructions and tactics actually make sense for that team, it's like a different, hugely improved version of FIFA.

It's just such a pain.

Mackrel829 11-20-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz (Post 2050509226)
Super tedious but doing this massively improves the single player experience. Combine this with going in and changing CPU team sheets so that player instructions and tactics actually make sense for that team, it's like a different, hugely improved version of FIFA.

It's just such a pain.

Especially when you only have one controller lol.