Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   PS4 and PS5 Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=994518)

shanev 11-26-2021 08:12 AM

PS4 and PS5 Question

My son has a PS5 and has the PS5 version of the game already. Most of his friends have the game on the PS4, and he can't play online with them.

Does anyone know if he bought the PS4 disc version on Black Friday, if he can use that and still have the PS5 version installed?

Thanks in advance.

VeNOM3099 11-26-2021 10:02 AM

Re: PS4 and PS5 Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanev (Post 2050511715)
My son has a PS5 and has the PS5 version of the game already. Most of his friends have the game on the PS4, and he can't play online with them.

Does anyone know if he bought the PS4 disc version on Black Friday, if he can use that and still have the PS5 version installed?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know about PS4/PS5 version, but I can tell you it is like that on the Xbox side: you can have the Xbox One version installed on an external HDD drive, and have the Series X/S install on the internal SSD drive. That allows you to play both. But players on the "lower" version only play against users who have the same version, while players on the "higher" version play users on that version.

Pretty sure it's the same way on the Sony side.

clou14 11-26-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanev (Post 2050511715)

Thanks in advance.

I'm not 100% sure about the disk version, but I have both versions downloaded and installed at the same time on my PS5 for the same reason - online with the PS4 version for the guys and offline PS5 version for my franchise mode!

shanev 11-26-2021 08:36 PM

Thank you both. I got the disc on Amazon for him today. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports