Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   CPU Trade on or Off? (/forums/showthread.php?t=994554)

johnstone1987 11-27-2021 10:51 PM

CPU Trade on or Off?

Quick question, do you guys play with CPU Trades on or off and why? I'm asking cause I had CPU Trades on and I was looking at the Trading block and saw that Chicago had Toews on the block lmao.

CgyFlames 11-28-2021 11:03 AM

Re: CPU Trade on or Off?

Definitely on. If focused on 100% realism the game will always let me down. Instead I just try to have fun and let my franchise universe evolve as a separate timeline from the real league.

I once saw McDavid get an offer sheet and sign with Dallas. Was it realistic? No. But it sure did make a fun storyline.

updateoldgames 12-08-2021 01:43 AM

Definitely on!

kinsmen7 12-08-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CgyFlames (Post 2050512724)
Definitely on. If focused on 100% realism the game will always let me down. Instead I just try to have fun and let my franchise universe evolve as a separate timeline from the real league.

I once saw McDavid get an offer sheet and sign with Dallas. Was it realistic? No. But it sure did make a fun storyline.

As a guy who really, really wants sports games to be realistic, I still 100% agree with you.

If the game gave us 32 team control, I'd say leave it off, but after doing a handful of test franchises (Going to start my real one up after roster sharing is released), I've noticed the trades aren't *that* crazy.

The trade deadline is a bit excessive, but it's actually kind of entertaining to try to pull off deals there. Kind of cool to see the offers either go up or down throughout the day, depending on if the opposing team has missed on other targets or not.