Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Franchise Mode: Surprise Stars (/forums/showthread.php?t=994557)

scitychamps87 11-28-2021 12:19 AM

Franchise Mode: Surprise Stars

I just had this happen in my franchise mode, and it’s making for a great storyline. What underrated or backup players have you given a shot on your team in Franchise Mode in Madden 22 that have turned into starters or even stars for you?

This year, for my Steelers franchise it’s been guys like CB Cam Sutton or most recently QB Kellen Mond who has emerged in 2023 as a stellar replacement for Big Ben.

JoeRodgers1175 11-29-2021 04:34 PM

Re: Franchise Mode: Surprise Stars

I’m not sure it counts because of how speed cheeses the game, but Marquise Goodwin is a killer in the slot for my Bears.

RogueHominid 11-29-2021 09:10 PM

In my current Falcons franchise, Ty Johnson, off the Jets practice squad, I think, has been amazing.

I picked him up out of desperation in WK8 after my starting backs were averaging under 3 YPC.

He came in at a 69, I think, and has proceeded to put up 600 YDS or so and 7 or 8 TDs w/ 4.2-3 YPC in that span. He's elevated the offense significantly by making it more balanced and has had 2 100 YD games and one 94 YD game in that span.

The raw stats are not gangbusters, but the TDs are impressive, and the best part is the role he's played in propelling a floundering team into playoff contention. He's a 70 OVR now but is absolutely integral to the offense.

I love these kinds of stories, so great thread idea!

MizzouRah 11-29-2021 09:45 PM

Levi Onwuzurike in my Lions CFM tied the NFL record for most sacks in a season with 22.5 last year (2023).