Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Will the lockout effect actually having real players ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=994716)

ninertravel 12-03-2021 05:04 PM

Will the lockout effect actually having real players ?

I just had a thought the mlb websites can’t have the players photos or likeness. Wouldn’t this be a problem for the game if we get to feb and still no deal of done?? Or has mlb done a deal with sds legally where the players likeness and names can be used ?

LowerWolf 12-03-2021 05:07 PM

Re: Will the lockout effect actually having real players ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninertravel (Post 2050515762)
I just had a thought the mlb websites can’t have the players photos or likeness. Wouldn’t this be a problem for the game if we get to feb and still no deal of done?? Or has mlb done a deal with sds legally where the players likeness and names can be used ?

Sony has an agreement with both MLB and the players union, so it should be fine.

ninertravel 12-03-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowerWolf (Post 2050515765)
Sony has an agreement with both MLB and the players union, so it should be fine.

Oh good wasn’t sure on the legal stuff with this it a lockout changes it

lemarflacco 12-06-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninertravel (Post 2050515773)
Oh good wasn’t sure on the legal stuff with this it a lockout changes it

And MLB didnt lose the likenesses, they basically just scrubbed their pages. It'll all be back with one click of a button.

They scan ppl in spring training so if there is a shortened or non existent spring this year, I guess that could effect things

TheKnack 12-06-2021 12:08 PM

I do think one thing to watch for might be face scans for MLB The Show 22 and MLB The Show 23. SDS gets a ton of their scans during Spring Training and if that is at all cut short or compressed, they may not be able to get the critical time with players they need.

ninertravel 12-06-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKnack (Post 2050516943)
I do think one thing to watch for might be face scans for MLB The Show 22 and MLB The Show 23. SDS gets a ton of their scans during Spring Training and if that is at all cut short or compressed, they may not be able to get the critical time with players they need.

Good point this will suck for the next 2 years with face scans.

but yes MLB network can't even show highlights of a player they are talking about so I thought the game might have some issues here

Houston 12-10-2021 06:40 AM

If there's still a lockout come release time don't expect any scan faces or player likeness.

Better get used to using Bacons fictional roster because thats what it could be like bunch of generics.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Operation Sports mobile app

mercalnd 12-10-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston (Post 2050518609)
If there's still a lockout come release time don't expect any scan faces or player likeness.

Better get used to using Bacons fictional roster because thats what it could be like bunch of generics.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Operation Sports mobile app

That's not the case at all. SDS still has an MLB AND MLBPA license. The game will have al the real teams and players as usual, lockout or not.

A similar scenario happened with NHL 2005 which came out during a lockout that wiped out the entire NHL season and there was no impact on the game having real teams or players.