Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas Outside of Gameplay (/forums/showthread.php?t=994950)

BadAssHskr 12-16-2021 10:59 AM

Re: It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas Outside of Gameplay

Hard to imagine how they can rapidly move forward when they are trying to satisfy 75 different platforms.

Pretty certain we are in the NG era, might be time to put madden to bed for the last gen machines.

Think and focus forward. And yes, a PC can run the NG game so it’s something to consider.

JoshC1977 12-16-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2050521180)
Hard to imagine how they can rapidly move forward when they are trying to satisfy 75 different platforms.

Pretty certain we are in the NG era, might be time to put madden to bed for the last gen machines.

I agree...I think that next year's game should be the final one on old gen (I would have said this year's game, but I don't believe that is reasonable given the ongoing challenges with respect to the availability of current gen hardware).

michaelhalljr 12-16-2021 12:20 PM

Game play is far from perfect, but I'm having a great time with my all team control, play every game franchise, thanks to the sliders I've put in. Very random games, I love it. Been blown out by underdogs, blown out underdogs. Played tight wire to wire games also. Still a ways to go, but I'm at least enjoying it still in December.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app

webbjay82 12-16-2021 10:50 PM

Still waiting for restricted FA, undrafted FA period, improved draft logic, improved roster AI, updated positions, improved coaching staff, FA period were FA don't just pick the biggest contracts and have different things they view as important, updated injury system, improved dynamic player regression, improved contract system, player personalities, improved schemes, etc

There's more but it gets depressing to keep going.

kennylc321 12-17-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2050521180)

Think and focus forward. And yes, a PC can run the NG game so it’s something to consider.

On top of that, they also have to support MUT, KO Superstars, The Yard, and whatever other nonsense modes they keep cramming into a yearly release.

poulka 12-19-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennylc321 (Post 2050521620)
On top of that, they also have to support MUT, KO Superstars, The Yard, and whatever other nonsense modes they keep cramming into a yearly release.

And right there is the problem with EA as far as Madden. They are spending on these back of the box gimmicky modes instead fleshing everything franchise could be. Most other gaming companies get their main mode fleshed out then take elements of that mode to the other secondary modes. EA Madden needs to realize their success in the early days that gave them their platform was franchise mode. It is time to develop weather, managing your roster with realistic management tactics real contracts etc. Once that is done properly we can look at gameplay again, but they losing ground quickly in the environment of the game. Not one time can we play and recreate games like we see this time of year. Misty games or flurries just falling. When it comes to snow we get hideous ugly white blob that just looks like something from marshmallow explosion (Ghostbusters)

Jagsfan24 12-20-2021 10:45 AM

Gameplay is not that good, in fact I still see issues in the coverages on user defense.

But I agree that things on the outside need worked on, we all know they can't fix every issue in every madden. Someone mentioned about the weather, and this is one of those things that gets me. I've mentioned in previous threads about how Madden 12 had the best one, you would play a night game where it starts out as dusk and then by the 2nd quarter it was dark already...that's what they need to bring back.

simbayless 12-20-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americas Team (Post 2050520630)
I'm relatively enjoying Madden 22 now that they've fixed/improved the pass coverage. Playing through my first season of Franchise mode since like 2006. Franchise still needs a lot but I like how it's set up. Gameplay is in a decent place, they just need to work on getting rid of legacy animations.

I think it's time the Madden development team to start investing more outside of gameplay. Areas like graphics overhaul, dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, field degradation, dirty uniforms, more playable camera options, post game replays, coin toss, referees, chain gang, etc. I think if they took one year and really focused on these areas it would make up for the lack of gameplay improvements that year.

Ummm zone coverage,blocking,AI,in realistic difficulty Levels ect..
Would like a word with you👀