Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Too easy to run the ball on m22 (/forums/showthread.php?t=995243)

booker21 12-29-2021 12:19 PM

Too easy to run the ball on m22

Does anyone else feels madden running for user is too easy? I tried all pro and all madden at default and i avg over 5.5 with any team.

I tried setting RB at 0 and i didn't see any big difference.

This was not an issue or problem in previous versions.

Anyone who had this issue find a workaround or solution? I tried using house rules as (don't use sprint) but it didnt' affect much, there just too much room to run.

toodles2you90 12-29-2021 12:32 PM

Re: Too easy to run the ball on m22

Not using sprint probably actually makes it easier to run the ball because I believe hitting the sprint button makes defenders shed blocks easier.

Ive tried just not using running plays that you know are guaranteed 4-5 yards like inside zones and what not but it is still pretty easy.

Maybe reduce Run blocking attributes for your lineman?

booker21 12-29-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toodles2you90 (Post 2050525840)
Not using sprint probably actually makes it easier to run the ball because I believe hitting the sprint button makes defenders shed blocks easier.

Ive tried just not using running plays that you know are guaranteed 4-5 yards like inside zones and what not but it is still pretty easy.

Maybe reduce Run blocking attributes for your lineman?

yeah i really want to find a different workaround or house rule other than start editing players. I remember back in NCAA Gun formation runs had 5 avg gain at minimum so i scrap those but i haven't found a common plays like that in this year madden, basically all plays can give you a 10 run. So far never had a 3.1 avg game. always above 5 as minimum with 10+really unrealistic.

steelcityjames 12-29-2021 02:23 PM

I have the same problem. I play as the Steelers and Najee Harris is unstoppable even with a bad o-line. Using All-Madden I tried user blocking at 20 and cpu tackling at 80 but it didn't change anything. Even if he gets hit at the line of scrimmage he falls forward for 3 or 4 yards, and that's without using the truck stick. I'm probably going to try setting human run blocking to 0 and see what happens
Quote:

Originally Posted by booker21 (Post 2050525833)
Does anyone else feels madden running for user is too easy? I tried all pro and all madden at default and i avg over 5.5 with any team.

I tried setting RB at 0 and i didn't see any big difference.

This was not an issue or problem in previous versions.

Anyone who had this issue find a workaround or solution? I tried using house rules as (don't use sprint) but it didnt' affect much, there just too much room to run.

booker21 12-29-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelcityjames (Post 2050525884)
I have the same problem. I play as the Steelers and Najee Harris is unstoppable even with a bad o-line. Using All-Madden I tried user blocking at 20 and cpu tackling at 80 but it didn't change anything. Even if he gets hit at the line of scrimmage he falls forward for 3 or 4 yards, and that's without using the truck stick. I'm probably going to try setting human run blocking to 0 and see what happens

Tried that and still no luck. I understand Rb get games over 5ypc but every game is unrealistic. I expect games with 3avg as well.

Kevin McKoy 12-29-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booker21 (Post 2050525895)
Tried that and still no luck. I understand Rb get games over 5ypc but every game is unrealistic. I expect games with 3avg as well.

I know you don't want to edit player attributes, but I don't think there is much of a way around it. I tested dropping run blocking in the 60's and all of a sudden I was averaging like 2 yards a carry or so, on default all pro. So I think playing around with that is your best bet. Otherwise it seems like d linemen are too easily pushed back, which of course makes it easier to peel off and hit a lb at the second level.

booker21 12-29-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy (Post 2050526007)
I know you don't want to edit player attributes, but I don't think there is much of a way around it. I tested dropping run blocking in the 60's and all of a sudden I was averaging like 2 yards a carry or so, on default all pro. So I think playing around with that is your best bet. Otherwise it seems like d linemen are too easily pushed back, which of course makes it easier to peel off and hit a lb at the second level.

If this is the only way i will do it. Just want it as last option but glad if this works. Just remove 20 points to all OL on Run blocking, since we can edit players during franchise this should take just 10 min.

BTG 12-30-2021 12:45 AM

Try turding coaching adjustments to conservative for both running backs and offensive lineman run blocking. It's not much but it helps.