Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   32 Team Control, Several Questions Needing Answers! (/forums/showthread.php?t=995404)

mavfan21 01-05-2022 02:49 PM

32 Team Control, Several Questions Needing Answers!

It's been a long time since I tried 32 team control and I guess some things have changed. I wanted to try 32 team control mostly due to the awful CPU drafting, especially QBs. I was going to set the other teams to run themselves but then pick up and do rounds 1-3 of the draft myself.

I started my team (Eagles) as the coach.

Then I set all other 31 teams to auto pilot after creating an owner for each.

As I went through the season it became obvious that the Autopilot teams were not advancing coaches or players and would not fire/hire coaches.

I simmed to the offseason and found the Autopilot teams also didn't sign FA's or make draft trade offers.

What did I need to do to get the CPU to "run" the other teams?

mdotjenkins 01-05-2022 03:24 PM

32 Team Control, Several Questions Needing Answers!

I think you have to set the options like free agency, progress players, scouting to auto and not manual. I don’t do 32 team control but I have seen around the website people saying autopilot doesn’t do any of these things. Maybe try out what I suggested and see if that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

mavfan21 01-05-2022 03:28 PM

Re: 32 Team Control, Several Questions Needing Answers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdotjenkins (Post 2050528870)
I think you have to set the options like free agency, progress players, scouting to auto and not manual. I don’t do 32 team control but I have seen around the website people saying autopilot doesn’t do any of these things. Maybe try out what I suggested and see if that works?

I was wondering if that might be the issue. Seems like Autopilot does little.

Funkycorm 01-05-2022 04:00 PM

Think of it as how auto pilot works in an airplane.

It maintains the current trajectory with no changes until changes are made by user input.

To get what you want, leave auto pilot off and set the options of each team to auto or manual.

Momoney168 01-05-2022 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavfan21 (Post 2050528852)
It's been a long time since I tried 32 team control and I guess some things have changed. I wanted to try 32 team control mostly due to the awful CPU drafting, especially QBs. I was going to set the other teams to run themselves but then pick up and do rounds 1-3 of the draft myself.

I started my team (Eagles) as the coach.

Then I set all other 31 teams to auto pilot after creating an owner for each.

As I went through the season it became obvious that the Autopilot teams were not advancing coaches or players and would not fire/hire coaches.

I simmed to the offseason and found the Autopilot teams also didn't sign FA's or make draft trade offers.

What did I need to do to get the CPU to "run" the other teams?

I set everything to auto. Before week 1 I do each teams depth chart and coach season goal. Then each week I cycle through and do all dev trait related scenarios. The mock draft 3/4 are helpful because it will help you control the draft manually.

tinpanalley 01-05-2022 07:33 PM

----------

Momoney168 01-05-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2050528973)
I have played Madden by setting all teams to manual and ignoring everything but it's infuriating having the game tell me all the things each team needs or isn't doing. This year I've tried leaving everything on auto but disabling trades and injuries. So far, just as annoying perhaps less notifications about things that management needs to do.
Honestly... Madden 08, Tecmo Bowl, Even 2K5 and just playing one game after another in season mode with stat and standings tracking is all I need and all sports games have become a nightmare with their stupid fantasy franchise modes. Just my opinion.

So since you don’t know what you’re doing the whole mode is stupid. Thanks for your input

SashaBanksFan4Ever 01-05-2022 08:39 PM

Is 32 team control exclusive to next gen?