Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=703)
-   -   When Will The Official Reveal Happen? (/forums/showthread.php?t=995492)

J_Posse 01-08-2022 09:15 PM

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

While the speculative nature of the banter around this unknown game has been fun and interesting, when could we finally, officially get something from Visual Concepts/2K Sports about their re-entrance into the NFL video game market.

I'd imagine the next game won't release until July (before Madden 23's release but close enough to the upcoming '22 season), so will 2K wait until the NFL draft to release a trailer or announce a cover/cover athlete (a time period usually reserved for Madden NFL)?

Or will they be silent until release with a title that has no pedigree and the gaming community isn't even sure what it will be?

I'm saying all this to say that I'm jonesing for something concrete and was wondering how everyone else feels? Plus, when do people believe legitimate information is coming.

Basically, I'm asking for more speculation. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

CM Hooe 01-08-2022 10:20 PM

Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

The original delay announcement said 2K's NFL arcade game would not release in fiscal year 2022. Take Two Interactive's FY 2022 ends this upcoming March. I doubt we hear anything before the end of the fiscal year at minimum.

simbayless 01-09-2022 02:19 AM

My educated guess 2k put big money behind the new WWE 2k and get big heavy promotion until March
After that Im expecting a big reveal of some sort and promote it like NBA 2k

spankdatazz22 01-09-2022 09:07 PM

I have a hard time believing the game will be a major title. Do we even know for sure the game will have a console release? Given the popularity of mobile gaming, it could be more about exploring that space/Nintendo Switch world. And since they're forced to develop within the restrictions of the game having to be an arcade or "non-simulation" title, I just don't know what they can do outside the NFL Blitz/NBA Jam/goofy bobblehead type range. I want desperately to believe otherwise. But gamers collectively have accepted Madden's ridiculously subpar releases for the past 15yrs, there's no reason to chase after that crowd.

kjcheezhead 01-09-2022 11:51 PM

Judging by the story that the NFL wanted 2k21 to launch before this season started and 2k wanted a holiday release I think we will see the game just before next season starts. Probably start seeing news sometime in the summer I guess? I really have no idea

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...-nfl-2k-delay/

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

illwill10 01-10-2022 08:44 AM

If NFL wants it out before NFL season, I imagine they try to stay out of the Madden release window. So, I would imagine a late July or early August release. With how they reveal NBA 2k within a 6 week window, I could see E3-esque reveal. But don't think they would want to go against other major AAA reveals. So, I could see a Reveal around the draft time.

kjcheezhead 01-10-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illwill10 (Post 2050531149)
If NFL wants it out before NFL season, I imagine they try to stay out of the Madden release window. So, I would imagine a late July or early August release. With how they reveal NBA 2k within a 6 week window, I could see E3-esque reveal. But don't think they would want to go against other major AAA reveals. So, I could see a Reveal around the draft time.

The delay for the first game was announced May 18th, 3 weeks after the NFL draft. At that time we still hadn’t heard a single thing about the game. Maybe we will get news around this years draft but I’m not betting on it.

illwill10 01-10-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjcheezhead (Post 2050531215)
The delay for the first game was announced May 18th, 3 weeks after the NFL draft. At that time we still hadn’t heard a single thing about the game. Maybe we will get news around this years draft but I’m not betting on it.

I can see it from both sides. I understand why NFL would want to use both Madden and 2k to bring added hype to the upcoming season. But also understand why 2k might have wanted to wait until they were comfortable with the game being ready and having their own window far from Madden.

I don't like the idea of a holiday release for a NFL game just because the casual fan is only playing it in season, so there's just a 2 month window. But also don't like how early they release NBA 2k. NBA2K releases 5-6 weeks before the season. I rather see it release early October instead. I do see 2k releasing before NFL season as NFL desires

I think the draft would be the best time to reveal it. Madden has the popularity where it doesn't need to(besides Madden 20). It would be best to pair the reveal with a NFL offseason milestone