Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Basketball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   In Wile We Trust (College Hoops 2k8) (/forums/showthread.php?t=995661)

Az2k12 01-17-2022 06:33 PM

In Wile We Trust (College Hoops 2k8)

Background

"Jeremiah Wile is a former college shooting guard of the Grand Canyon University Antelopes. He began regularly playing his junior year, the season of '12-'13. For what he lacked in athleticism and starpower, he made up for with intangibles, awareness and shooting touch. He was a solid contributor leading to the team's promotion to Division 1 in 2013. Midway through his senior year, Jeremiah collided with an opposing player very hard. His knee was blown out, and his playing days were over. He watched as his teammates went on to win at the Division 1 level, making it to the CIT postseason tournament while he sat his senior year.

After graduation, Thunder Dan Majerle brought on Wile as a graduate assistant. He aided Grand Canyon in practice and daily activities for three years before accepting a high school coaching job in Chandler, Arizona. Jeremiah welcomed the change of scenery and chance to teach young players. He coached several successful teams in his four years at the Chandler public school before taking a job at Dream City, a private basketball school.

Succeeding wherever he went, he began to make a name for himself in Arizona athletics. The Northern Arizona Lumberjacks took a chance and hired Jeremiah Wile as their new Head Coach for the 2021-2022 season, parting ways with previous coach Shane Burcar after a 6-16 year. The Lumberjacks have played in the Big Sky conference since 1971, last winning the regular season in 2007 and the conference tournament champion in 2000. Montana, Weber State and recently Eastern Washington have been dominating the conference in lieu of the Lumberjacks.

Wile is said to favor a lightning-fast offensive strategy of perimeter shooting combined with an athletic and disruptive defensive scheme to produce exciting plays at both ends of the court. Coach Wile allows a great deal of freedom, at least he was known to at the youth level. When asked about their former coach, past players have simply stated 'In Wile We Trust'. We will watch with anticipation as his career gets off the ground here in beautiful Flagstaff, Arizona."

-Flagstaff Times, May 2021

Az2k12 01-17-2022 06:34 PM

Details

College Hoops 2k8 (PS3) 1.1 for RPCS3

Rosters: 2021-2022 Roster Update PS3 by traveltall
Spoiler

Sliders: AuburnAlumni All-American

Hey everyone. Longtime dynasty hobbyist here, has been a long long time since I posted here on OS though. Nice to be back. RPCS3 allows me to do a college basketball legacy very conveniently on my PC. I play every game of the season and don't have any recruiting house rules except for not cheesing my team's positions to try and appeal to recruits who want play time. I also play the popular "no-switch" style on defense.

Thanks for reading. Be sure to click any images to zoom in if you need.

Az2k12 01-17-2022 06:34 PM

Season Links & Wall of Fame

Az2k12 01-19-2022 03:57 PM

Y1 Squad

Az2k12 01-19-2022 04:11 PM

Y1 Schedule

Az2k12 01-19-2022 11:45 PM

Y1G1

Az2k12 01-20-2022 01:56 PM

Y1G2

Knickerbocker91 01-20-2022 02:23 PM

Re: Y1G1

Recap graphic looks great, tough loss to open the season but Northern Arizona hung in there and they deserve credit for that. Tough night from the three point line