Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Ints (/forums/showthread.php?t=995719)

Vacane11 01-20-2022 08:46 PM

Ints

Anyone have any advice on how to cut down on throwing picks played 4 games already thrown 8 I’ve tried cutting down int slider also lowering pass cvg and react still not helping playing on all-pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detroit Tigers 01-20-2022 08:49 PM

Re: Ints

Lower int slider to the 10-20 range and throw fewer high-risk passes

Vacane11 01-20-2022 08:54 PM

Prob don’t help I’m rolling with a rookie QB either about 76 overall but I’ll try that currently at 15 on the slider

kehlis 01-20-2022 09:03 PM

Best tip I can give is to not worry much about sliders and worry more about what you can control.

And I don't mean that in a negative way.

First, understand the passes you can't throw with Madden. What we might see as a realistic pass in real life might not be a realistic pass in Madden. You have to learn when you have a window you can throw to and when you don't. Not all passes are created equal in this game.

Second, learn your QB's misses and strengths. You won't find them with ratings but rather learning the hard way (as you have).

Make safe passes to build confidence. Not with your QB in the game as that's not a thing, but with you.

Probably not the help you were looking for but sliders won't fix it, you have to change what you are doing.

Vacane11 01-20-2022 09:04 PM

Also pass accuracy slider is under 30 that prob don’t help either

Richie71 01-21-2022 01:47 AM

Every INT you throw, check the replay. Work out the coverages and work out what you should have done. Some INTs will just be off target throws, but the vast majority will be wrong decisions.

Pre-snap reads are vital. You should be able to pre-snap read to a point where post-snap, you know where you are likely to go and are reading one or two defenders.

Dsabol715 01-21-2022 08:08 AM

I throw a lot of picks and usually they are my fault. I read the coverage wrong or don't expect the LB to move. Sometimes I try to throw a lob or touch and it's still a bullet pass and it gets picked.

i'm in year 3 of my franchise now and Wilson is in the mid 80s so he can make a lot more throws than he could in year 1.

my biggest complaint though is on 1-on-1 balls. No matter the WR or the DB, it's never caught on my end and usually picked if it's a bullet pass and a touch/lob is always overthrown. it sucks because it takes away a normal nfl play we see every sunday.

NYJin2011tm 01-21-2022 02:59 PM

When I first start playing I play a clean game for a few games. But then I’ll get INT happy. Once that happens I start running more and get more conservative calling short safe pass plays.