Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Pitch speeds (/forums/showthread.php?t=995732)

Ees110 01-21-2022 04:33 PM

Pitch speeds

I want to try and make the pitch speed the same no matter if its fastball or off-speed. what would the sliders be for that? would it be one click difference or 2 or more. Say if have fastball speed at 5 what would off-speed be to make it as fast as fastball? I'm trying to see if friend is right that he could get double the perfect/perfect if speeds were coming in around same speed. He gets lots of perfects on fastballs but rarely gets any on off-speed.

Caulfield 01-21-2022 07:30 PM

Re: Pitch speeds

I dunno about syncing fastball speeds to change-up/breaking ball speeds but my hunch is your friend is right about doubling his perfect perfects. after all, hitting is about timing and pitching is about upsetting timing

Ees110 01-21-2022 08:08 PM

i dont think would double the perfects just by synching speeds. I still think the movement of the off-speed pitches like curveballs and sliders would limit the perfects. Fastballs are pretty much straight and kind of easy to barrel but even a curveball going the same probably would not be as easy to barrel up because of the movement.

Caulfield 01-22-2022 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ees110 (Post 2050536617)
i dont think would double the perfects just by synching speeds. I still think the movement of the off-speed pitches like curveballs and sliders would limit the perfects. Fastballs are pretty much straight and kind of easy to barrel but even a curveball going the same probably would not be as easy to barrel up because of the movement.

yeah, the 4 seamers are pretty much straight and true but you can see good movement on the 2 seamers, sinkers, cutters and running fastballs, depending on the pitcher throwing them

nonetheless, it would still make for a pretty interesting experiment if you could get those two sliders fairly synchronised

TripleCrown 01-22-2022 10:03 AM

I don’t see a lot of pitchers with a Running Fastball in their arsenal.

1- Is it that rare in real life ?

2- Is a running fastball 2-3 mph slower than a 4 seams ? (As 2 seams is usually is)

Caulfield 01-22-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleCrown (Post 2050536796)
I don’t see a lot of pitchers with a Running Fastball in their arsenal.

1- Is it that rare in real life ?

2- Is a running fastball 2-3 mph slower than a 4 seams ? (As 2 seams is usually is)

I dunno if the running FB is even considered a ''real'' pitch in that no less an authority than the Neyers/James pitcher/pitching/pitches guide book makes nary a reference to the runner
I wish the Show allowed you to just relabel pitches because while I love the combination of the curve/slider into the slurve,
I'm in desperate desire for a slutter :)

Ees110 01-22-2022 07:59 PM

Had a few slutters in my life . Dude, you don't want that nonsense in your life!

joshf142 01-25-2022 11:15 PM

There's only one setting for me when I boot up The Show every Spring...pitch speeds maxed at 10 on Legend...simple!