Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=534)
-   -   WWE 2K22 Q&A - Nine Big Questions Answered by the Developers (/forums/showthread.php?t=996400)

ChaseB 02-23-2022 07:21 PM

WWE 2K22 Q&A - Nine Big Questions Answered by the Developers

Brian Mazique had a chance to bounce some of the most compelling questions off a team...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OGEAP4_V0NI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheBleedingRed21 02-23-2022 11:50 PM

Re: WWE 2K22 Q&A - Nine Big Questions Answered by the Developers

Sigh... I really miss the days where these things could just be listed in an article to read about. I get it though.....

SmashMan 02-24-2022 12:20 AM

I prefer to read, but I get doing videos because that's where the audience is now. But for Q&A videos like this, can we find some middle ground where at least the questions are listed in the news post?
  • Can you define "persona" as it is used in association with the creation suite?
  • How many different body types are available in creation suite?
  • How many years are playable in MyGM and Universe?
  • How many CAW slots will we have?
  • Will the Randomizer feature offer weights that match the frame of the wrestler? (in the past, there were wrestlers who were listed as like 500 pounds, but they were thin)
  • Have you changed the search options for the creation suite?
  • Is blood still an option in matches, including women's matches?
  • Has physics with chairs and tables been improved? If so how?
  • Are there any new props or new interactions with props, such as leaping off the Titantron or moves through unfolded chairs?

cch99 02-24-2022 11:52 AM

What I want to know as a follow up to the Universe mode running forever.* Are they ever going to add retirements, Hall of Fame inductees, etc.**

It would be great to have new superstars come up and old ones retire and not be playable after a certain amount of time.* Or age up so you could have someone get older, maybe show up at Royal Rumble then eventually no* longer be useable.* You might have to make it selectable before you start your universe.* Either Ageing on or off but I've been waiting for this forever.**

Imagine eventually having a roster of all custom or CPU generated superstars.* I think that would be pretty cool.* Like I mentioned as well, adding Hall of Fame inductees at Wrestlemania, having guys labeled as legend in a storyline where they return for a PPV or as a guest referee, etc.* Their are a ton of options with that.

ChaseB 02-24-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMan (Post 2050554347)
I prefer to read, but I get doing videos because that's where the audience is now. But for Q&A videos like this, can we find some middle ground where at least the questions are listed in the news post?
  • Can you define "persona" as it is used in association with the creation suite?
  • How many different body types are available in creation suite?
  • How many years are playable in MyGM and Universe?
  • How many CAW slots will we have?
  • Will the Randomizer feature offer weights that match the frame of the wrestler? (in the past, there were wrestlers who were listed as like 500 pounds, but they were thin)
  • Have you changed the search options for the creation suite?
  • Is blood still an option in matches, including women's matches?
  • Has physics with chairs and tables been improved? If so how?
  • Are there any new props or new interactions with props, such as leaping off the Titantron or moves through unfolded chairs?

I think that's fair. I'm not going to transcribe whole videos, but I'll note this sort of thing for certain types of videos.

nikethebike 02-24-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cch99 (Post 2050554495)
What I want to know as a follow up to the Universe mode running forever.* Are they ever going to add retirements, Hall of Fame inductees, etc.**

It would be great to have new superstars come up and old ones retire and not be playable after a certain amount of time.* Or age up so you could have someone get older, maybe show up at Royal Rumble then eventually no* longer be useable.* You might have to make it selectable before you start your universe.* Either Ageing on or off but I've been waiting for this forever.**

Imagine eventually having a roster of all custom or CPU generated superstars.* I think that would be pretty cool.* Like I mentioned as well, adding Hall of Fame inductees at Wrestlemania, having guys labeled as legend in a storyline where they return for a PPV or as a guest referee, etc.* Their are a ton of options with that.

Hmm.. Cool idea but I wonder how fun playing a randomly AI generated CAW world would be...

Imagine the other way. You could start back in say 1992 and relive and rewrite the careers of 30 years of real life wwe rosters where wrestlers come and go like they did in the real world. Early nineties WWF where many matches were just against jobbers and there were fewer PPVs, then evolve into WCW vs WWF, invasion, ruthless aggression etc. The wrestlers age would decide when they wouldn't be useable anymore. But it would be an insane amount of work to make all these rosters and license the wrestlers too I guess. But this I would definitely buy.

cch99 02-25-2022 02:17 PM

I kind of liken it to old College Sports games. The first 4 seasons you had "real" players but after that it was all CPU generated players.

Also I think having it so that you could choose to do it or not would be the way to go. More choices are always better.

Love the idea you had using all real wrestlers but starting in the past. Like you said I am sure that the cost would be prohibitive.

My thing is even though I know it's WWE and not real, running season after season with the same people will get boring, especially if they don't add more random scenarios so you are not seeing the same 10-15 over and over.

If they let you add created superstars to your universe after it has started and you could use all 100 slots then you could kind of do it on your own in your head. Wouldn't solve the Hall-of-Fame stuff or add presentation but it could be a workaround. You could always add a new superstart every 4 months of gametime or so. Adding 4 a year and phasing some out.