Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Add refs back for field goals at least… (/forums/showthread.php?t=996995)

VoltSwoosh 03-28-2022 04:57 PM

Add refs back for field goals at least…

I have played NCAA 14 for about 7-8 years, I’ve found the refs missing to be most glaring when doing field goal and pat attempt’s, I don’t understand why they didn’t leave them in to show whether it was good or not. How hard would that be for EA? Im not even asking for them to be back on the field during gameplay, that’s sad[emoji23][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max

kennylc321 03-29-2022 11:06 AM

Re: Add refs back for field goals at least…

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh (Post 2050568540)
I have played NCAA 14 for about 7-8 years, I’ve found the refs missing to be most glaring when doing field goal and pat attempt’s, I don’t understand why they didn’t leave them in to show whether it was good or not. How hard would that be for EA? Im not even asking for them to be back on the field during gameplay, that’s sad[emoji23][emoji30]

I totally expect EA to launch a "be the ref" mode, similar to longshot. You start off as a Pop Warner football ref and work your way to the NFL by completing mindless, pointless challenges while earning XP for your efforts. They will devote about 64% of the development team to this effort then this summer, they will boast about how they heard our complaints and "Be the Ref" mode will provide a more immersive gameplay and franchise experience.

VoltSwoosh 03-29-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennylc321 (Post 2050568970)
I totally expect EA to launch a "be the ref" mode, similar to longshot. You start off as a Pop Warner football ref and work your way to the NFL by completing mindless, pointless challenges while earning XP for your effects. They will devote about 64% of the development team to this effort then this summer, they will boast about how they heard our complaints and "Be the Ref" mode will provide a more immersive gameplay and franchise experience.

Will they have X Factor abilities? That would be amazing 🤩🤣

Sent from my iPad Pro

kennylc321 03-29-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh (Post 2050568987)
Will they have X Factor abilities? That would be amazing 🤩🤣

Sent from my iPad Pro

Yes, but you'll have to wait until February for that patch.

VoltSwoosh 03-29-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennylc321 (Post 2050569042)
Yes, but you'll have to wait until February for that patch.

Live service mode i see.

SincerelYourz 03-29-2022 08:37 PM

The refs need to be back in the game, period.

baconbits11 03-30-2022 08:55 AM

Yep, no excuse for no refs. Every other sports game depicts refs, even the small sports like tennis and rugby. I remember when the ref would get tangled up in a play or help with a block on the old consoles. Need flags back on field too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

VoltSwoosh 03-30-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SincerelYourz (Post 2050569341)
The refs need to be back in the game, period.

Definitely, along with breaking the huddle. I was messing with madden 16 (ps4) and doing the no hurry felt so much more immersive when my QB is running up to the line and guys are getting into position.

I feel like that was stripped out for MUT to speed up games. It should at least be a toggle in settings to turn back on, along with refs if you want them.