Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Add refs back for field goals at least… (/forums/showthread.php?t=996995)

VoltSwoosh 03-28-2022 04:57 PM

Add refs back for field goals at least…

I have played NCAA 14 for about 7-8 years, I’ve found the refs missing to be most glaring when doing field goal and pat attempt’s, I don’t understand why they didn’t leave them in to show whether it was good or not. How hard would that be for EA? Im not even asking for them to be back on the field during gameplay, that’s sad[emoji23][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max

kennylc321 03-29-2022 11:06 AM

Re: Add refs back for field goals at least…

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh (Post 2050568540)
I have played NCAA 14 for about 7-8 years, I’ve found the refs missing to be most glaring when doing field goal and pat attempt’s, I don’t understand why they didn’t leave them in to show whether it was good or not. How hard would that be for EA? Im not even asking for them to be back on the field during gameplay, that’s sad[emoji23][emoji30]

I totally expect EA to launch a "be the ref" mode, similar to longshot. You start off as a Pop Warner football ref and work your way to the NFL by completing mindless, pointless challenges while earning XP for your efforts. They will devote about 64% of the development team to this effort then this summer, they will boast about how they heard our complaints and "Be the Ref" mode will provide a more immersive gameplay and franchise experience.

VoltSwoosh 03-29-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennylc321 (Post 2050568970)
I totally expect EA to launch a "be the ref" mode, similar to longshot. You start off as a Pop Warner football ref and work your way to the NFL by completing mindless, pointless challenges while earning XP for your effects. They will devote about 64% of the development team to this effort then this summer, they will boast about how they heard our complaints and "Be the Ref" mode will provide a more immersive gameplay and franchise experience.

Will they have X Factor abilities? That would be amazing 🤩🤣

Sent from my iPad Pro

kennylc321 03-29-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh (Post 2050568987)

Sent from my iPad Pro

Yes, but you'll have to wait until February for that patch.

VoltSwoosh 03-29-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennylc321 (Post 2050569042)
Yes, but you'll have to wait until February for that patch.

Live service mode i see.

SincerelYourz 03-29-2022 08:37 PM

The refs need to be back in the game, period.

baconbits11 03-30-2022 08:55 AM

Yep, no excuse for no refs. Every other sports game depicts refs, even the small sports like tennis and rugby. I remember when the ref would get tangled up in a play or help with a block on the old consoles. Need flags back on field too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

VoltSwoosh 03-30-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SincerelYourz (Post 2050569341)
The refs need to be back in the game, period.

Definitely, along with breaking the huddle. I was messing with madden 16 (ps4) and doing the no hurry felt so much more immersive when my QB is running up to the line and guys are getting into position.

I feel like that was stripped out for MUT to speed up games. It should at least be a toggle in settings to turn back on, along with refs if you want them.

blackhawksfan4ever19 03-30-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennylc321 (Post 2050568970)
I totally expect EA to launch a "be the ref" mode, similar to longshot. You start off as a Pop Warner football ref and work your way to the NFL by completing mindless, pointless challenges while earning XP for your efforts. They will devote about 64% of the development team to this effort then this summer, they will boast about how they heard our complaints and "Be the Ref" mode will provide a more immersive gameplay and franchise experience.

:appl:

here,here. LMAO!!

oneamongthefence 03-31-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh (Post 2050569712)
Definitely, along with breaking the huddle. I was messing with madden 16 (ps4) and doing the no hurry felt so much more immersive when my QB is running up to the line and guys are getting into position.

I feel like that was stripped out for MUT to speed up games. It should at least be a toggle in settings to turn back on, along with refs if you want them.

That's exactly why they were removed. I think Clint said that they were removed because they weren't up to standard to the players on the field. They didn't have a hit box and I'm sure some players found they were a distraction since you could confuse them with other players when playing in online modes.

Speeding up the game allows players to get more games in which makes the metrics look better.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

kennylc321 03-31-2022 04:20 PM

My comments on this subject were obviously dripping but seriously... my fear is that EA will over-invest in this then pat themselves on the back about how they listen to the fans therefore incorporated refs on the field and be all proud of themselves.

UFCMPunk 04-03-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh (Post 2050568987)

Sent from my iPad Pro

Hip Check: If a ref has this ability, he may hip check a player as they go by then penalize the player.

Gosens6 04-04-2022 08:03 AM

I don’t even notice that there’s no refs on the field. Absolutely the last thing I’m worried about when playing football game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Playmakers 04-04-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosens6 (Post 2050573545)
I don’t even notice that there’s no refs on the field. Absolutely the last thing I’m worried about when playing football game

This take usually comes up a few times a year.

But the reality is the NFL doesn't just have players on the field by themselves. Although I wish they did doing that last play for the Cowboys vs 49ers playoff game LOL

Ref's are a huge part of the game and fans/coaches interact with them often in some way while they are on the field.

Now when you couple that with the fact that EA seems to have nerfed penalties it becomes a head scratcher that here we are in 2022 with new high powered consoles and the game developer is telling us they can't put ref's on the field because it interferes with gameplay......:jpshakehe

You've got all kinds of unrealistic visuals on the field for players and HFA yet you can't get the ref's on the field to signal missed FG/PAT or First down signal.

roadman 04-04-2022 05:44 PM

Seguing into what PM is thinking, I want penalties called before the refs are installed.

In before some smarty brings in the meme, Why Can't We Have Both. lol

No penalties, no refs. lol

VoltSwoosh 04-05-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosens6 (Post 2050573545)

I don’t notice it much either, until it’s a field goal. No refs beside the post showing if it was good or not sticks out badly. Although I would love to have them everywhere again.

roadman 04-05-2022 03:11 PM

Chain gang was nice too.

Penalties called before refs get in game.

timmg 04-11-2022 10:31 AM

The refs are in NHL with no problem

Heisman 04-11-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmg (Post 2050579038)
The refs are in NHL with no problem

And FIFA..

VoltSwoosh 04-12-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisman (Post 2050579457)
And FIFA..

As was NBA Live 19…

simbayless 04-13-2022 07:44 PM

The fact that we even discussing this with the PS5/series-x out
Let's you know the NFL doesn't care about simulation

C'mon you can put live referees in next Gen concoles 🤔

I would mention a certain game from 2008 had real time refs

But I don't want to be blamed for comparing games🤦

roadman 04-13-2022 11:00 PM

This is all you need to know about why refs aren't in the CG game.

We can keep hoping, but it won't happen until the refs match the players

movements on the field.

I mean, if it's an eyesore with their movement, I don't want them in the game

either. At the very least, there is some hope.

Clint Oldenburg: Yeah, I can address this, I think. We removed them from on-field because they had become detractors. Based on the visual look of everything else going on in the game and the movement—really, that’s even bigger, the movement of our players—the movement of the refs and the visual fidelity of the refs was not up to par, and… it was, we couldn’t afford to give the refs the same visual quality. So we had to make the tough call of, do we want them to continue to be detractors or not? And we didn’t. So we took them out.

That’s not to say we aren’t gonna bring ‘em back. They’re still not gonna be back on the field for 22, but I think that they will be back very soon, because now that we have next-gen player movement and we’ve made some headway there, I think eventually we are gonna have the time to get those guys up to the same visual quality as everyone else on the field.

Kperk 04-18-2022 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2050574640)
Chain gang was nice too.

Penalties called before refs get in game.

need to have option to call for measurement like somewhere on your screen when picking your plays