Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   In Play Fielding Camera (Medium View) Different From Previous YearsThis Year (/forums/showthread.php?t=997152)

Hamburgerpimp97 04-02-2022 01:24 PM

In Play Fielding Camera (Medium View) Different From Previous YearsThis Year

Saw this mentioned a few days ago and just experienced it myself with the change made to the in-play camera on medium view. Personally not a fan of the change. Is retro camera view then the old medium in-play camera setting? Is there a camera comparable?

Outside of this change to the game I have enjoyed the brief few innings I have played of MLB the Show 22.

Archie56 04-02-2022 01:28 PM

Re: In Play Fielding Camera (Medium View) Different From Previous YearsThis Year

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamburgerpimp97 (Post 2050572019)
Saw this mentioned a few days ago and just experienced it myself with the change made to the in-play camera on medium view. Personally not a fan of the change. Is retro camera view then the old medium in-play camera setting? Is there a camera comparable?

Outside of this change to the game I have enjoyed the brief few innings I have played of MLB the Show 22.

Apparently SDS has said the medium cam is bugged and they're going to fix it back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hamburgerpimp97 04-02-2022 01:31 PM

Re: In Play Fielding Camera (Medium View) Different From Previous YearsThis Year

That's great news! Thank you for that information!

LastActionHero 04-02-2022 01:41 PM

In Play Fielding Camera (Medium View) Different From Previous YearsThis Year

A little bit off topic but what year did they change the broadcast fielding camera? When they introduced the fish eye batting cam? It used to be more zoomed it which I liked way better. Don’t know why they couldn’t keep both broadcast cam versions.

Doyoueven85 04-02-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastActionHero (Post 2050572035)
A little bit off topic but what year did they change the broadcast fielding camera? When they introduced the fish eye batting cam? It used to be more zoomed it which I liked way better. Don’t know why they couldn’t keep both broadcast cam versions.

Broadcast cameras are the same. And good news on fixing the medium camera it was the first head-scratcher I noticed.

LastActionHero 04-03-2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyoueven85 (Post 2050572038)
Broadcast cameras are the same. And good news on fixing the medium camera it was the first head-scratcher I noticed.

I know, but a few years back (before the introduction of the fisheye cam I believe) broadcast was more zoomed in on the action on the field and was perfect..

smokines3 04-05-2022 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie56 (Post 2050572025)
Apparently SDS has said the medium cam is bugged and they're going to fix it back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I hope they keep the new medium. It has really freshened up the game, I think for a lot of us. Where did you see it was a bug?

BlueSkies77 04-06-2022 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokines3 (Post 2050575054)
I hope they keep the new medium. It has really freshened up the game, I think for a lot of us. Where did you see it was a bug?

Agreed. I really like the new zoomed in look of it.Really hope they don’t change it back or at least keep this one as an option. I’m so sick to death of the old fielding cameras.